Author Topic: Stolen  (Read 1856 times)

jesssands

• Acre
Stolen
« on: March 09, 2009, 13:56:03 »
A friend from work has had his hens stolen over the weekend.  :( :'(
They took the hen house aswell!!
I will post tomo when I know some more. This is all I have at the moment from text msg from my partner. He's at our work place now and I will see him for lunch and get the whole story and hopefully post some more details tomo morning. I have to work this afternoon. were on opp shifts this week.
Our friend is soo upset. Last year someone left a box on his doorstep, there were chicks inside. He has raised them and looked after them. They only started to lay a few months back. He had 3 (I think) cockerals in the box which he managed to re-home to like a farm theme park.
He had other hens too. Feel so sorry for him. The worst must be wondering if they will be looked after.

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Stolen
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 14:23:12 »
OMG!

This is getting silly now, the amount of birds being stolen or abused.

Hope he gets them back, but I doubt it, it must be awful for him.
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:32:43 »
not much extra but he said 2 guys looking over at the hens a couple of weeks back, when questioned they just said they were admiring the view. They had a drop backed van with them.
He says that the house was padlocked but 2 strong men would have been able to pick up the whole unit. And if this was the ones, the hen house would have fit right into their truck with no bother.
He even brought us in a box of eggs yesterday, bless him. Said that would be the last ones. :(

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:36 »
Poor chap i hope he manages to find the buggers that took them.

Just a thought you could check the local ad mags to see if there trying to sell them on. Might turn up something  ???

Lucy

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:22:38 »
Its so sad, happens every year, last year purebreeds stolen to order.
Now with hens being the in thing stealing them with house they will make some money. Get the local newspaper involved and if he has photos of hens and house let the paper have it. Tell the paper the hens have been treated and not safe to eat make a big thing of it?
Even try Ebay, seen houses and hens go with them for sale, not saying all sellers steal but worth a go.
Next thing will be micro chiping hens like cats and dogs?
But if they are caught they will say stealing to feed the family because of the credit crunch and nothing will be done. Sad world we live in now police cannot do much just give you a number.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:08 »
Possibly stealing them for themselves - as there is a current "craze" to keep chickens - but honestly what is happening in the world?

As you probably recall I had 3 stolen so gave them up - temporarily - on the lottie.  There is a new barrier now so am hatching 24 eggs in the hope that I will once again try them up there.

Old Bird :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal