Author Topic: What are your allotment rules on water?  (Read 10035 times)

Pink Fingers

• Quarter Acre
  • That's the pot planted, now for the veg ...
Re: What are your allotment rules on water?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 19:25:19 »
Luckily, we seem to get away with it.  I only watered once last year and that was to settle in some new cabbage plants. 

keyhole-kate

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 15:00:52 »
there are a number of water tanks with taps on at our council run site. this year we have been sent a letter telling us that every plot will now have to pay £5 per year for water which i think is a bit steep, we already pay £25 for the plot. we have several water butts so don't use the tanks very often. i think now i'm being charged i will be more likely to get the hose pipe out and get my money's worth!  >:(

iain j

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 19:15:23 »
The very first allotment I ever had had taps on i think there were 3 to 4 taps on the site but not sure how many allotments there were but hosepipes were allowed and as far as I know  it wasn't metered.
Iain j

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 19:36:54 »
I would happily pay another £20 a year to have clean water on site, just so we had somewhere to wash hands and clean cups, cutlery and seed trays, even if you couldnt attach a hose to the tap.

Am thinking of getting one of these large capacity water carriers for caravanners  http://www.aquaroll.com/english/aquaroll.html
but they are not cheap. It is my birthday coming up soon though..  It would have to be rolled about half a mile each way to be filled up, unless I can bribe someone in a nearby house with the promise of free veg!

iain j

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 19:42:28 »
The very first allotment I ever had had taps on i think there were 3 to 4 taps on the site but not sure how many allotments there were but hosepipes were allowed and as far as I know  it wasn't metered.
I think I paid £13 per yr but that was 10 yr ago
Iain j

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal