Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 3057 times)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 18:39:41 »
(PS Dan....can this be made a Sticky?   )

excuse my ignorance...............and for hijacking the thread, but what does that mean. :-\

oh and what does bounce mean :-[

Life is to short !!!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 15:03:06 »
Glad i have you guys...went to a talk last night put on by the allotment association and they were all talking about putting in potatoes this weekend except my immediate allotment neighbours...bless them!...who instead asked me how I'd managed to dig part of my plot when it was still so very sticky and wet.  I then had to confess to the sandy patch 2m x 2m in the corner that makes everyone on my site soooooooo! jealous when they find out about it. Trouble is the weeds love that bit the most and i've spent 3 years trying to get the bindweed, nettle, hawthorn and blackberry out...i think it's ok now or i hope so as i have planted raspberries there.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 15:16:17 »
Wilko....a 'sticky' is when the Administrator keeps a certain topic at the top of the page permanently.

to 'bounce' a thread. When you answer a topic, that automatically sends it to the top of the list?...and to do that, just to get peeps' attention is called 'bouncing' or 'bumping'.

Hope that helps.

X (Shirl and I always give XXXs to peeps named after our fave store!)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 16:18:27 »
(Shirl and I always give XXXs to peeps named after our fave store!)
   :)

unfortunately no relation  ;D ;D

thanks for explaining that Hyacinth
Life is to short !!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 17:19:09 »
Pleasure, pleased that you could understand my explanation.

btw.....I owe SBG an apology (and another Big Thanks) for wrongly ascribing this to Kea..

update - still nothing sown. My hands have gone numb from sitting on them ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 17:50:13 »
Only got down for a brief visit today despite plans to do otherwise but there was a Dr's appointment and shopping to be done. Didn't get down last week because of various other commitments and then the car failed on me on the day I was able to go. Last ime I was there the ground was sodden and puddles everywhere...now everything has changed, I thought my shallots had rotted (I took a chance planting in october) but today they're all up.....in fact i was so convinced they were dead I bought more sets! Oops!
Now looks like I have a small window of opportunity to do everything before the ground turns to concrete!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal