Author Topic: Phantom Pregnancy  (Read 3058 times)

cacran

• Hectare
Phantom Pregnancy
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:09 »
Our Beagle, rosie, joined the family last November at 2 1/2. She came into season in February. We noticed that her 'boobs' were looking bigger and yesterday noticed that they were leaking milk. Over the past few weeks she has had a fixation with a spot in the garden, where she has dug a hole, she keeps laying in it, getting out and digging again. she runs around the back of the shed in a mad frenzy and sometimes cannot settle. I think this must be what they call a phantom pregnancy. Do any of you know anything about it?

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
Re: Phantom Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:25:08 »

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:34:32 »
Thanks for that link, I understad it a bit better now. :)

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 20:46:24 »
my old English, millie now 10yrs has phantom pregnancies. she has her season and then 6 months later fills up with milk, starts digging the rugs.

it started about 18months ago. she has not been spayed because she had the injection when she was 18months old for her to miss a season to go into kennels while on holidays, but she never came into season again until 18months ago and i think she is now to old to go through a opp.

bpotts

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 20:56:39 »

our whippet had a phantom pregnancy everytime she had been in season ::)

each time we had to take her to the vets for an injection to drain the milk out

ended up getting her spayed

littlegem

• Acre
  • baby Evan
    • Littlegem's page
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 21:35:19 »
my greyhound x labrador started having phantom pregnancies when she was about 5, we kept throwing her usual mini basketball for her and she kept taking it back in the house to her bed!  ??? a couple of days later we realised what had happened, she was milking from her teats and so the basketball was obviously her baby! imagine how bad we felt for throwing it about!  :o  this happened for the next 3 seasons and the vet said we should have her spayed cos sometimes they can get masitis if not. problem solved, although where they shaved her grew back very grey, bless her.

ladyice

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:38:39 »

our whippet had a phantom pregnancy everytime she had been in season ::)

each time we had to take her to the vets for an injection to drain the milk out

ended up getting her spayed

i got some medicine for my dog from the vet. i just had to mix a bit in her breakfast - she hates the vets and usually has a pee when i take her :-[

bpotts

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:59:37 »

weve got a male dog as well so cant mix any medicine in with food as the males a greedy git and would eat it :o

our dog normally passes wind in the vets then everyone sits staring as if it was us :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal