Author Topic: aminopyralid & gardeners question time  (Read 17527 times)

70fingers

• Half Acre
Re: aminopyralid & gardeners question time
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2009, 06:38:01 »
Anyone who reads this forum and who suffers contamination this year only has themself to blame.

Heres a suggestion - if you think you have been affected by aminopyralid contaminated manure then report it to the Pesticides Safety Directorate. You can contact PSD's Information Section: 01904 455775 by email on information@psd.hse.gsi.gov.uk or better still in writing to Information Section, PSD, Room 214 Mallard House, Kings Pool, 1-3 Peasholme Green, York, YO1 7PX, UK.

If you don't report it - they can't investigate it!

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2009, 22:13:09 »
Get over it.
I did. Life is like this - yes? F'raid so. Do what you gotta do & GET ON WITH IT!!
Don't give Ceres a hard time, she's given you so much info. - and you still whine!
Plant your goodies in the sh*t. If it works  - Hey!
If it don't - dig it in & try again another season!
Any women wearing a dress they bought last year?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2009, 00:14:09 »
I'm getting really baffled by this thread... who is giving Ceres a hard time? I was hoping for an explanation as to what the bad and the good info is, quite genuinely. I'm a bit lost. I haven't followed the subject from the beginning so I don't know everyone's history on this, I can see I've walked into a hornet's nest. Um, what do last year's dresses have to do with it? I'm getting reeeeeally confused now... :D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2009, 17:13:59 »
HHH I'm with you on this, I also don't understand what exactly is going on here nor what "ladies dresses" has to do with anything other than a clothes shop. But the reason why I delayed in responding is that I honestly didn't initially know how to respond.
I originally put this post up because I thought it topical and potentially useful, and yes maybe a bit of a debate. All tick boxes for a forum eh? And my reasoning is that there are new people to gardening coming through all the time, who also don't know about it, AND if it has helped only 1 person to avoid the heatache / headache of using contaminated manure then I did the right thing in starting this thread. It certainly wasn't started for a bit of fun or for an opportunity for folks to have a go at others.
I'm off to do some more digging and preparation on my plot this weekend, and yes I'm waiting to see if my new batch of manure is contaminated, in the only way I'm aware of, by doing the bean test.......

Gbar

• Not So New ...
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:08 »
I planted 3 onions in my new manure to see what happens to them, but now I'm not sure that the onions are affected, but will try this with the beans tomorrow, but I will deffo not put it in my soil.     ;D ;D ;D

Hi there

Just wondering how you got on with your bean test, the beans must be well into true leaf stage.

I also heard recently that B&Q had removed FYM from their product range.  I did talk to them about this and it has nothing to do with aminopyralid as they are very careful on how they source their farm  manure. Its actually a concern about the variability and quality of the domestic sourced green-manure which is mixed with it.  They now have this under control and will be reselling their FYM shortly. 

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 01:32:12 »
The very first of my 6 test beans (Masterpiece long pod) is starting to emerge, in the 'control' compost (no manure). I guess I should know in a couple of weeks, the last batch of these all germinated at the same time and grew pretty d**n fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal