Author Topic: Vandals strike again ....and again....and again  (Read 2079 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Vandals strike again ....and again....and again
« on: March 10, 2009, 14:58:14 »
20 shed broken into two weeks ago - 11 over the weekend - and 28 sheds broken into last night - including mine which I had just finished painting - as well as the ever returning graffiti 'artists'. 
We are getting rather fed up to say the least. :( 
They never take anything, just break in, usually damaging the door. Had my spade, stimmer etc in there - the only thing moved was the pack of staple gun refills which they threw on the path. Mindless or what?
Perhaps I could train the rats which visit my compost bin to attack anyone near a shed at night ;D

lewic

• Hectare
Re: Vandals strike again ....and again....and again
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 15:01:35 »
Or leave some lovely choccies out to tempt them - laced with weedkiller! Maybe not fair on passing wildlife though..

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 15:12:41 »
Or leave some lovely choccies out to tempt them - laced with weedkiller! Maybe not fair on passing wildlife though..

Just triple-strength Ex-lax inside the sheds tho? That should disable the little s***s for a while 8)

wetandcold

• Half Acre
    • Not on a gardening theme!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 16:15:17 »
What about an automatic water-jet like this http://www.stopcatsanddogs.co.uk/Havahart-Water-Jet-Spray-Repeller/12.htm

Might make it less fun for them...

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 16:18:15 »
2 litre bottle 60% apple juice 40% urine add high volume of laxatives give it a good shake and label it "homemade scrumpy" i'm sure they will pass it around!  :P

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 16:35:12 »
2 litre bottle 60% apple juice 40% urine add high volume of laxatives give it a good shake and label it "homemade scrumpy" i'm sure they will pass it around!  :P

love it 8)
I did leave a bottle of coke inside was diluted comphrey our lot had it bet it gave some belly ache  8)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal