Author Topic: Butternut Squash, French Beans, Climbing Courgettes  (Read 3174 times)

Teej

• Quarter Acre
Butternut Squash, French Beans, Climbing Courgettes
« on: March 13, 2009, 17:35:57 »
Hi - if anyone has a couple of any of these to spare I can swap about 8 types of chilli (incl a few Dorset Naga), Beth Alpha or Telegraph Cuc, Gardeners Delight or Alicante toms, All Green Bush courgette.  Poss a few peppers & aubergine too.
Thanks a lot.
 :)

debster

• Hectare
Re: Butternut Squash, French Beans, Climbing Courgettes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 16:02:43 »
I have some butternut squash seeds if you want some they are home saved though  :)

Teej

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 17:02:44 »
That would be fantastic if you don't mind! I tried to save seeds from a shop-bought butternut by they all just rotted.

What would you like as a swap?

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 17:10:21 »
i dont need anything thanks got all i need just now.
if you pm me your name and address ill post them to you ok
debs

Teej

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 17:23:38 »
Thanks so much - if you're short of anything in the future I'll see if I can help.
 :)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 17:38:22 »
no problem, i only have a garden so never need much of any and these were saved seeds sometimes you just cant help yourself saving seeds lol  ;D

Teej

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 18:12:07 »
I only have a garden too & have so many chilli seeds as I buy a new sort each year plus save seed from a lot of my others.
I'm not allowed to convert any more of the garden to a veg plot so I really can't justify buying any more seeds on top of all the stuff I already have.  That's why I thought having just a couple of those seeds I'd really like to try would be better.  If I have a full packet I always plant much more than I need & can never bear to get rid of any of them!  The first year I grew courgettes was hilarious - had 8 plants "to be on the safe side" & couldn't believe how much room they took up & how many courgettes I ended up with!  I now try to limit myself to 2!
I do the same with everything & can't see anything in the garden now for purple broccoli & winter-planted garlic!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 18:38:24 »
i know exactly where youre coming from with that im very much the same although i always plant extra and pass them to friends at work etc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal