Author Topic: Stolen!  (Read 1100 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Stolen!
« on: March 02, 2009, 17:46:39 »
Went to my plot this morning and I thought I didn't dump a pile of ash there! ???

Then I spotted the problem...someone stole my incinerator......the one with my postcode written all over it!
Anybody got a neighbour burning rubbish in a painted incinerator?

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: Stolen!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 18:33:25 »
thats awful kea!!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 18:38:20 »
Do you think someone may have 'borrowed ' it and intend to put it back?
Hope so.
Smile, it confuses people.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 19:10:55 »

Oh Kea , are you having big problems on your site ?     think you have posted before with

similar happenings,  If I'm on track, do you have a committee , or any  ' body ' that can

represent you or give you an opportunity to have a good old moan about what is happening,

someone who is on your sde ?

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

Rixy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 00:11:04 »
Ha you were lucky, the thieving scroates who had it away with my incinerator last week even took the ashes with them :(.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:26 »
They didn't take the dried out weeds that I was about to burn they tipped those out too!

Actually considering our site is open and anybody can walk on we don't have too many problems. Some people lost glasshouses they were building before the glass went in we assumed it was linked to the scrap metal thieves who were even digging up telephone cabling to get the copper (Cambourne mentioned a problem with this).

I notice when I left the site that the combination lock was completely jammed and couldn't be moved from the combination. I've reported that to the Town Clerk and also mentioned my theft......she's asked me to report the theft to the police.....so it's added to their statistics! We know they're not going to look for it, why would they it would be a waste of time.

I think people who don't have an allotment see it as a place to pick up cheap garden equipment. At least I had 3 years use of my incinerator which surprisingly wasn't going rusty...which of course is why mine was taken other than I'm right at the front of the site....everyone has a rusty one!

Rixy...no they left me the ashes but they scattered them about all in the wrong place!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 16:04:31 »
So i have rather apologetically reported the theft to the police as requested by Town Clerk and they were very nice about it and said i was right to report it as it gives them a better picture of crime in the area.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal