Author Topic: Honest people  (Read 1686 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Honest people
« on: February 26, 2009, 17:04:54 »
I went with my daughter to Lidl's Monday of last week to see if they had anything in gardening dept. Came home and decided to sow some of my seeds plus couple of gardening jobs. Monday evening noticed my wedding ring was missing. It had got tight on my ring finger and have been wearing it on my little finger. Felt sure I had lost it in the garden so didn't bother to go to the Police. Wednesday this week I was at my friends house and my daughter rang me (excited) to say there is an article in our weekly paper headed ..Have you lost a wedding ring? A lady had picked it up in Lidl's car park. Paper put me in touch with her and this morning I went 10 miles to her house and yes it is my wedding ring. Lovely lady. The ring has a little chip in it, probably a car had run over it.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Honest people
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 17:07:49 »
Despite what the papers say... there's still a lot of us about...  ;D
Great she got it back, if a little chipped. A jeweller can re size it so it isn't too tight.  :)

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 17:35:21 »
it's good to read some good (and non winging) news for a change  :D

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 17:41:49 »
A happy ending, for a change!
Ain't it nice to have your faith in some of humanity restored? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 18:09:58 »
Lorna, how lucky you are that an honest lady found your ring. I am so pleased for you. Love Mary x.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 18:12:04 »
Good news Lorna :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 18:33:50 »
Glad you got it back, Lorna, you must be over the moon  :D  Despite all the doom and gloom the media would try to have us believe, there are still more good than bad peeps about :)

I was paying for something in the post office the other day and went to put my card in the machine and someone else's was already in there!  Tempted as I was to book three weeks in the Bahamas on it, I gave it to the woman behind the counter - who said the last person she served was over an hour before!  I said the owner was probably backtracking their every move since arriving in town, lol. 

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 18:37:32 »
Great news Lorna glad you got it back, it's a horrible feeling losing something that is precious to you.

Sinbad

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 19:20:58 »
Great news Lorna and what a good girl Sammy has been.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 19:22:10 »
My allotment neighbour lost his "new" wedding ring when he was first clearing his plot. We couldn't find it so eventually he had to get another. Three years later it turned up in the winter digging!  :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 22:08:13 »
Yes it was a great feeling. The lady who found it was delighted (hope her children were happy when they got home from school and found the goodies I had left them) I also rang the local paper who ran the story and the young lady was so pleased.
CK With a Mum like Sam has it stands to reason she is a good girl :)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 00:07:11 »
That's lovely news Lorna, even with the little chip it has an extra story behind it now :-)

Diversifying a little, our daughter and her boyfriend decided to bicycle into town today for some exercise when they came across an elderly couple in their car with hazard warning lights on and travelling slower than they were cycling. So she stopped and asked them if all was well and they said their car wouldn't change gear. No mobile between the elderly pair so our daughter asked if they were breakdown members, which they were, so she rang the AA and waited until they arrived and sorted them out.

It's how we all bring up the next generation....................

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 20:49:41 »
What a wonderful story to read Lorna.
It would have been so sad if I was reading that you had lost your ring never to be seen ever again  :'(

Its so wonderful to read of such a heartwarming story and I am sure that the lady who found the ring had complete and total pleasure in returning something so precious back to you x

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:35 »
The sun was certainly shining on you that day Lorns 8) Wonderful end to a sad tale and I'm really pleased for you.

Lish

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 22:29:32 »
Thanks for replies. The lady said she didn't let the paper put her name in the story because she said she was worried in case someone declared it was theirs and it was just to go for scrap. She did ask me to describe the ring and when I went to her house I showed her how tight it was on my ring finger and that was why I have been wearing it on my little finger. My eldest daughter was delighted as I have always said she should have it when I am no longer here!! Not a lot of value money wise but great sentimental value.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal