Author Topic: It don't add up  (Read 1217 times)

ACE

• Hectare
It don't add up
« on: March 03, 2009, 15:15:44 »
Work this one out.  600 1litre pots each with a lily bulb in, how many 150 litre bags of compost do I need after mixing every 150 litres of compost with 25 kilos of sharp sand. Do I hear 4? wrong! it is bucket full short of 5. Perhaps a couple of litres on the floor. I think it is about time I went to the trading standards people.

It states on the bag 150 litres when packed. the bag never had any other room left in it. So something along the lines of 35 litres in each bag has evaporated since packing. I think I would have noticed the gap it was missing from.

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
Re: It don't add up
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 16:05:50 »
Maybe the 1 litre pots are only 1 litre if you don't fill them?   :)
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 16:18:11 »
And the sand should not even make a difference to the volume.

Another reason for making our own.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 16:26:04 »
It's funny you should mention trading standards, Ace. I've just been on their website.

I had to but guitar parts for my son's A level product design project. Two items fretwire and tremelo nuts. The postage for orders under £20 was £1-50....however I have somehow managed to order two tremelo nuts bring the cost of the order to just over  £20 and the postage jumps to £6-00. Unfortunately i was in a hurry when I ordered it and didn't notice the extra item. Only discovered today when it arrived......any guesses how much the postage actually cost??? >:( >:( >:( >:(

69p !

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 16:56:28 »
How much did the packaging cost and the person to do it ?

ACE, exactly how big were the pots? Try filling a one litre pop bottle with compost and see how much of a pot this fills.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 17:33:25 »

ACE, exactly how big were the pots? Try filling a one litre pop bottle with compost and see how much of a pot this fills.

I don't have a one litre pop bottle, but I do have some  half litre beer bottles, can I tell the OH that you told me to empty them ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal