Author Topic: Laptop stolen  (Read 1583 times)

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
Laptop stolen
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:30 »
Well i cant believe it! Last night went to get the laptop and couldn't find it spent about 30 Min's looking for it then realised it must have been stolen! Stupidly forgot to lock the front door the night previous  :'(

The police have been out and we have come to the conclusion that someone must have entered through the front door took the laptop then got startled by the dog.

So scary to think someone has been in my house while we were sleeping i just cant get over what this world has come to.

I know its my fault that i forgot to lock the door (i normally do) My mum babysat as it was my b/day me and the oh went out for a b/day meal!!!
When the OH took mum home we had a tidy round got the kids school clothes did the lunch box's and just plain forgot to lock the door.

Its just that there is so many photos on there that have now been lost!

Just still in shock  ???

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
Re: Laptop stolen
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:13:04 »
so sorry to hear of this, i forget to lock our back door more times than I'm willing to admit and so far we've been lucky. and yes people could say we can only blame ourselves, well i for one don't go around trying people's door to see if it is lock or not and the *fatherless children* that do should be strung up >:(.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:14 »
allways back up your photos...laptop gone but at least you would still have your photos safe.

jim
have a look at    www.   play.com    many to choose from and post paid  and cheap

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:22:53 »
 sorry to hear of this, even though you didnt lock your door, it does not give anyone the right to steal.
i hope they catch the ba****** who nicked it.

Kendy

• Half Acre
  • Little Sutton, nr Ellesmere Port
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25:30 »
The thing is that not locking your door will make your insurance void for any claim.

I think it is sad that you have to make your house like Fort Knox, seal all the doors and windows to keep the toe rags out, check make sure nothing is visiable from a window and then worry about your safety.

When our car got broken into on the road, the Police did not come round as they said it was probably not worth finger printing.  Got a phone call from the Crime Prevention unit a few days later offering all sorts  of suggestions such as "have you considered starting a neighbourhood watch scheme or CCTV ?".   My counter suggestion that they should try catching the thieving sods did not seem to go down so well !  There was an untaxed car with 2 flat tyres parked on the road opposite for 3 days but they did not come near to remove it - even when I told them that the louts had returned and were driving it round the streets !

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:39:17 »
So sorry,

Like the others have said, just because you didn't lock the door, doesn't give the barstewards the right to nick your stuff. >:(

Maybe try to see if friends and/or relatives have any copies of your photos...
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:32 »
thanks guys

You right about getting a copies of your photos done just one of those things that i never got around to  :(

I have got a few photo albums and my parents have lots of photos but no one has one of when i was giving birth to my little girl just so personal and dont like the thought that some one can have a look through and i wouldnt know if i bumped into them in the street!

My patner suggested finger printing the plug socket as they had to unplug it and the door handle as they had to open the door!!! But the police said it would be a waste of time.

How would they know it would be without trying?

Lucy

Kendy

• Half Acre
  • Little Sutton, nr Ellesmere Port
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 13:19:50 »
Lucy,

My point exactly.  They could just have that fingerprint on file !  Our crimes are too minor but they could link up several if they tried and solve the local burglary rates - let's face it will be the same handful of people committing them.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 13:41:27 »
Most burglars will wear gloves , their not so stupid to leave evidence everywhere !

Also its likely the the police already know the scumbags involved, but then need to catch them red-handed otherwise they can wriggle out of it.

Professional burglars take their job very seriously. :(

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 15:31:38 »
Our house is like Fort knox....it didn't stop us being burgled last Easter. We had finger print powder everywhere but it was a professional job.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 16:30:08 »
I'm so sorry. I've never been burgled, as such, but I once had an intruder nose around my place when I wasn't there, when I lived in Glos (how do I know? Well, I'm very tidy and my nikkers drawer wasn't as I left it, for starters :-\......)

The not knowing who, but knowing someone had been inside my house, was awful. So glad that you and your family are safe, but sorry about the laptop & all those precious photos.

Kind regards, Lishka

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 17:42:26 »
the  five - oh don't want to catch them!! A friend owns a 'pooter shop, new and repairs / upgrades etc, he was working late (past midnight) one night last summer, heard burglars on his roof! called the old bill,  guess what? they announce to the world they are on the way, sirens blaring out!!! burglars have scarpered!!! If they had turned up quietly they could have caught them at it!!
we think they don't want to catch them, if they did, the crime rate would fall, meaning less overtime  for the old bill!?? :(
You couldn't make it up!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 20:56:53 »
Oh Mummybunny, my sympathies. What an awful end to your birthday. Not much anyone can say to make you feel better. But I can give you a cyber hug................(((((( :-*))))))
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 21:12:22 »
i know its not of much use now but get into the habit of backing up your images when you upload them to the computer, also there are several online back up sites, bt has one a small fee is paid but you know from experience how precious images are to you.im a semi professional photographer and make sure i back up as i put them onto the pc i have 2 seperate hard drives and i also upload to a web based back up site just incase, it wouldnt do to lose my clients images.
you could burn them to re writable dvd.
i pray you will get your laptop back and the b******** will get whats coming to them

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal