Author Topic: Square Box with a cross in the middle.  (Read 2857 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Square Box with a cross in the middle.
« on: September 05, 2004, 21:16:50 »
Can anyone explain (slowly and clearly as I don't read very quick) why when on A4A I occasionally am unable to see images posted on these threads, this includes my own photo's too I might add? I can also sometimes put an image up, see it, then go back to it and the box'n'cross appears, very strange. ???

Any ideas?

Roy. ;)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re:Square Box with a cross in the middle.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 18:51:51 »
My expert suggests trying the following. This is if you are using Bt/Yahoo browser, but instructions for any browser will be similar. You would just need to go looking.
At the top of the screen.page is a line withFile Edit View Bookmarks etc or similar.
Single left click on the one which says Settings.
A drop down menu will appear.
S.L.C. on Internet Options
Another Menu type thing will appear.
Find the word Advanced and S.L.C. on it
Another Menu will appear. Scroll down until you find the Multimedia section.
In there is a line which says Show Pictures.
The box next to it should have a green tick in it. If it does not then S.L.C. in the box and one should appear.
At the bottom of the Menu you should see the word Apply. S.L.C. on that. Then S.L.C. on OK.
If your Browser is different you will need to look through all the Drop Down Menu's on the tool bar to find the one which says Internet Options.
I typed this as slowly as I could for you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 18:52:28 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

motherhenswebmaestro

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 20:11:36 »
whats your browser/ Operating system

IIRC there can be problems with internet explorer and jpegs ( or could be  *.png)
try downloading firefox ( a different browser) http://www.mozilla.org/ and see if its still a problem
you might even prefer firefox
1) immune to viruses & most windows security problems
2) tabbed windows ( try pressgin ctry-T )
motherhensWebmaestro
www.citychicken.co.uk/hosting .
gentoo linux/KDE/apache/MySql

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 21:15:34 »
 ???

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 22:11:31 »
Eric, I followed your instructions but the box was already ticked, the one above wasn’t that read “Show image download placeholders” so I ticked that box and it worked. When I went back to have another look in the internet options the tick was missing out of “Show image download placeholders” but your pictures still show…this very spooky have we cracked it or not? Only time will tell.

Thank you mother hen I’m a little reluctant to try firefox as I c ock things up very easily on my PC but will ask my Son-in-law when he next visits as it sounds interesting.

Eric was the  ???  for me not responding? You may think I am online in front of my PC but a lot of the time I’m elsewhere, this is one of the reasons I hate the “users online” feature on a lot of these sites, it serves no useful purpose in my honest opinion.
My PC is left on all day for others to use in the family, so people may think I spend all day on my computer but this is not so.

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Roy. ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 22:24:05 »
Not at all Roy, the smiley was to show my utter lack of understanding of the other suggestion made for you. I am NOT Computer literate so I have like you to rely on the expertise of others, in my case daughters.
I had not expected you to reply at all.
I really do hope your problem is solved. It is very very frustrating when the dratted machines do not do as you would hope and expect therm to.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 22:47:55 »
Hi Eric, sorry for the misunderstanding it is quite easily done when text talking, I had a peek at the first three of your pictures and will have a look at the rest tomorrow in the hope that they will reapprear as I'm ready for zzzz's now. ;)

Roy. ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal