Author Topic: Free google book downloads on Victorian farming and cookery  (Read 1490 times)

genlistlass

• Half Acre
Free google book downloads on Victorian farming and cookery
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:32 »
Just found these links.

First one for a book of Victorian farming see :  http://books.google.com/books?id=i-g...tsec=titlepage

There is also a Victorian cookery book date 1861  see: http://books.google.com/books?id=70I...ve+all#PPP1,M1

There are chapters about hens, veggies, bee-keeping, etc etc etc..........even about mangel-worzels! Always wondered what THEY were.............. ???

Gen in Northumberland
No allotment but medium sized garden with greenhouse, small-ish raised veggie plot and little shed.....my little kingdom:-)

Bjerreby

• Acre
  • Can't wait till spring........
Re: Free google book downloads on Victorian farming and cookery
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:15:14 »
The farming link doesn't work genlistlass  :-\

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:35 »
Omygod genlistlass,  your mum made you have the same ribbon in the hair style as mine.  Did she try & encourage it to curl too?

Karen.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

genlistlass

• Half Acre
No allotment but medium sized garden with greenhouse, small-ish raised veggie plot and little shed.....my little kingdom:-)

genlistlass

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 16:30:35 »
Omygod genlistlass,  your mum made you have the same ribbon in the hair style as mine.  Did she try & encourage it to curl too?

Karen.

Hehe we must be about the same vintage Karen! My hair curled by itself and all my life I've been trying to straighten it!

Gen in NBL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal