Author Topic: wardrobe  (Read 2172 times)

ACE

• Hectare
wardrobe
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:51:34 »
I have just been told by those nice people on the telly, (don't tell me you don't have one, it is getting tiresome on every thread) they reckon I have 5 articles of clothing I have never worn. How the hell do they know? What ever is the point of buying something you wont wear.

This was Oxfam, out with their begging bowl, asking for more clothes as they are running out. I expect the management are getting worried about their wages. Daft really as when I was in M&S  over the weekend, an anouncement came over offering me a £5 reduction on a bill of £25 if I gave them back an old bit of M&S clothing that they would then give to Oxfam. So what are you going to do leave a bag outside of the shop or sell it back to Marks and Sparks!

By the way , I went in to buy an overcoat. No luck the shelves are full of summer stuff ??? No wonder sales are down.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: wardrobe
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:37:52 »
I went to Marks & Spencer to buy a new thick cardigan as it has been snowing and cold (if anyone has noticed) and also found that they had got their summer clothes in.  Well they lost themselves a sale there.  Perhaps they had given all the winter clothes to Oxfam.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:34:22 »
I have just been told by those nice people on the telly, (don't tell me you don't have one, it is getting tiresome on every thread) they reckon I have 5 articles of clothing I have never worn. How the hell do they know? What ever is the point of buying something you wont wear.

This was Oxfam, out with their begging bowl, asking for more clothes as they are running out. I expect the management are getting worried about their wages. Daft really as when I was in M&S  over the weekend, an anouncement came over offering me a £5 reduction on a bill of £25 if I gave them back an old bit of M&S clothing that they would then give to Oxfam. So what are you going to do leave a bag outside of the shop or sell it back to Marks and Sparks!

By the way , I went in to buy an overcoat. No luck the shelves are full of summer stuff ??? No wonder sales are down.
You need a..... over.. :o...coat but you live on a tropical island  ???  don't you :-\.  ;)  ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:43 »
When I come over to the north island. I find I need one. Even when it is your summertime ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:54:45 »
When I come over to the north island. I find I need one. Even when it is your summertime ;D
;D ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 13:05:24 »
If you take theoldM&S itemstraighttoOxfam,they will also give you a voucher for the fiver off at M&S.
The recession is working both ways for charity shops- people are buying fewer new clothes so have less to donate, and at the same time more people are buying clothes from charity shops- both lead to shortages of stock.

Article in the Guardian last week:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jan/31/charitable-giving-consumer-affairs

And yes,the management probably are worried about their wages- or about their jobs-my husband works for NSPCC and they have made a lot of staff redundant recently.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 14:35:41 »

Typical male response :o I've got loads of clothes and shoes I've bought and never worn - yet!  F'rinstance, there was this pair of shoes....what a bargain! C'mon ladies, if you saw a pair of shoes first priced at over £100, reduced to £60, further reduced to just £25 and they fitted you like a dream - you'd have to buy them, wouldn't you? Even if they were purple ::)  But one day...I shall wear purple ;D ;D ;D

THEN clothes? Yep, did massive damage to my credit card, even at M&S, bout last November for an expected trip last month to Vegas which didn't happen - but me'n'me mate will MAKE it happen another time - and I'm ready for it 8)

And then....(anti-fur brigade look away NOW please...)..there's that full-length mink coat I bought...absolute bloody bargain it was, back in the time when the streets were full of peeps campaigning for everyone to wear plastic. Bought it coz I feel the cold and it would be SO useful for winter funerals? Course, the fact that the peeps I know have all popped their clogs in August means it hasn't been given an airing yet - but one day it will. Even if I have to arrange my own demise in winter, it will. And I'll make a lovely corpse 8)

Oh! and ACE btw....I haven't got a tele  ;D ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 15:34:34 »
You'll be the furriest corpse weve ever seen. Hyacinth. Ive got a fur cossack hat you can wear to go with it
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 15:47:13 »
You'll be the furriest corpse weve ever seen. Hyacinth. Ive got a fur cossack hat you can wear to go with it

Got one. Got two. You reckon I'm a three-headed monster or sommat Shirl? ::)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:23 »
Well I went in with good quality children's stuff in the summer to several charity shops.....and we have a lot in our town!.....and they all said sorry we've got too much stock. So i had to carry it all home again requiring a tedious trip back to my car before i could do my shopping.  >:(

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 19:24:25 »
ACE - you're so right (did I really just type that ???) OK, just don't let it go to your head

Right about --M&S and all the others, bringing in their Spring/Summer collection before Winter has even started.............grrr and then they wonder why sales are falling.

P'haps we should write to Stu and let him in on the secret....... ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal