Author Topic: Google Books  (Read 2896 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Google Books
« on: February 04, 2009, 17:43:21 »
Has anyone come accross this? I've only just found it - I was searching for some info on pumpkins (  ;D ) and there was a link to a full copy of Joy Larkcom's Grow Your Own Vegetables. The full book is available online! It seems some books, if they are made available by the publisher or the publishing rights have expired, then the full versions are available. I've yet to find out how many books are available like this. I'll try some more searches later. it could save people a fortune, besides being another resource for info
here's a link if anyone else is interested
http://books.google.co.uk/books

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
Re: Google Books
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 18:18:05 »
It says in Google Books that this is a preview. Click on learn more and it says (among other things) ...

"Many of the books you can preview on Google Book Search are still in copyright, and are displayed with the permission of publishers and authors. You can browse these "limited preview" titles just as you would in a bookstore, but you won't be able to see more pages than the copyright holder has made available.

When you've accessed the maximum number of pages allowed for a book, any remaining pages will be omitted from your preview. You can order full copies of any book using the "Buy this book" links to the right of the preview page."

Google Books can provide the full text but only for books that are out of copyright.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 18:25:59 »
aahhhh I hadn't found that bit I wondered what the catch was - so far I haven't run out of pages in Joy Larkcom's book tho  ;D

Penske666

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 21:33:29 »
Abe Books is also a great website for new, used and rare. 8)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 21:50:32 »
You'd be surprised what's available! type the title of the book, add the words 'free download' and see what you get!!
here's a couple to start you off
http://www.jenkinspublishing.com/humanure.html
http://pdfbooks.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5556&Itemid=39
You couldn't make it up!

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49:34 »

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 08:16:02 »
Thanks for the other links guys, must have missed your post Neil - it's now bookmarked

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal