Author Topic: Allotments in wyre  (Read 3987 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Allotments in wyre
« on: February 03, 2009, 15:19:57 »
Hello all
Ive moved from northern ireland to lancs :)
Ive been talking to wyre borough about their five year allotment list and their lack of provision.
Ive talked to nslg and they are going to find out from wyre whats going on and I've asked around about actually buying land, did you know that grazing land is being sold for less than £4000 per acre at the moment.
I'm wondering if anyone else on here is on the list and if so how long have you been on.
I was bumped of the first list because they said i failed to reply to a letter they never sent in 2006. >:(
So please let me know and also if you are on a non council site in the wyre borough such as at chatsworth ave please let us know where!

Many thanks
Sunlovingx

spandangled

• Not So New ...
Re: Allotments in wyre
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 23:37:00 »
Oooh I didn't even know we had any!  ;D

sunloving

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:38 »

in theory we do heres the link, put your name down! but well it might be five years before you hear anything! unless we can shame them into doing something.
x sunloving
http://www.wyrebc.gov.uk/Council_Services/Property_Services/Allotments/default.asp

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:06:33 »
Welcome to the site Spandangled..  ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 16:00:01 »
hiya, spandangled, nice to meet you  ;D

spandangled

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 20:51:02 »
Thank you! I stumbled across it while looking for seed swaps. The Manchester seed swap group on yahoo is a little...bare.

I've got enough going on with my tiny wee garden at the moment, least we've no snow and I can get out there. But I've several bits that need digging over and I can't muster up the energy for that let alone a whole allotment. I'm surprised there are some at Poulton, I've never ever seen them.

There must be a way to shame them if there are enough people really truly wanting one, have you thought about using the green books (over wyre focus I don't know if you've seen them?) to gain some support for it?

Failing that, come and dig our next door neighbour's garden, I'm sure he wouldn't notice if it didn't look like a rats nest and I'm sick of his brambles creeping through the fence!

jovahi

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 14:08:12 »
Hello all
Ive moved from northern ireland to lancs :)
Ive been talking to wyre borough about their five year allotment list and their lack of provision.
Ive talked to nslg and they are going to find out from wyre whats going on and I've asked around about actually buying land, did you know that grazing land is being sold for less than £4000 per acre at the moment.
I'm wondering if anyone else on here is on the list and if so how long have you been on.
I was bumped of the first list because they said i failed to reply to a letter they never sent in 2006. >:(
So please let me know and also if you are on a non council site in the wyre borough such as at chatsworth ave please let us know where!

Many thanks
Sunlovingx

Hi Sunloving,

I am currently researching an article on allotments in the Central Lancashire area - their provision, or lack of, and what is being done to sort the problem out - plot sharing/ use of other land, plans for private allotments, campaigns to get more council allotments that kind of thing.
I would welcome your thoughts, please email josie.hill@lep.co.uk or call 01772 838104

sunloving

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 17:22:36 »
Hi
Ive sent you an email with some of the very poor things about wyre. Turns out they are the worst local council in the country for the provision of allotment plots less than 1 per 1000 households. NSALG say this is the worst theyve seen.
The infamy!
x sunloving

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal