Author Topic: Where can I get cheap seed trays & other stuff?  (Read 2197 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Where can I get cheap seed trays & other stuff?
« on: February 02, 2009, 18:43:24 »
I live in Brittany, France.  I am coming over next week to visit the family and pick up a car.

Abandoned veggies this year as OH is replacing our roof and not to interested in creating veggie plots.

My garden is green, green and more green.  I really want to put more flowers into the beds, pots and baskets.  I really need trays, gardening hand tools, and other general seed stuff.  They are very expensive here, if you can find them.

When I lived the UK I used Wilko, Asda, Aldi etc.  My parents live in a city so there are loads of options.  Can anyone help on the best place to go?

With thanks Cocopops

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Where can I get cheap seed trays & other stuff?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 19:00:04 »
I'm surprised they are expensive in France, haven't been for a few years but I thought gardening stuff was cheaper in France. I wouldsay Wilko is the cheapest place for seed trays etc and the quality is fine, ,but you might be wanting better quality tools than they have. B&Q are pretty good for tools
If you tellus which city your parents live in,you might get some local info.

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 19:35:16 »
Hi Caroline,

Things here are really cheap or really expensive.  There is no logic to it.   For some reason seed trays as I know them are not an option (certainly in this part).

My parents live in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs.  My brother lives in Manchester (visiting him) and Birmingham is 40 minutes away.

TY Cocopops

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 17:55:08 »
HI ....

Consider some of the garden centres they give them away to customers (recycling) etc.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 18:09:52 »
Need you ask Wilkinsons
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal