Author Topic: OK. where's all this Global Warming gone ?  (Read 20717 times)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: OK. where's all this Global Warming gone ?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2009, 13:58:19 »
The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-501316/The-Pope-condemns-climate-change-prophets-doom.html
since when has a God - Botherer been an expert on anything real? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2009, 14:09:40 »
I'm not really interested in talking to you anyway les, we established you were mental back when you accused me of child abuse, you moron. You make me sick.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 14:26:12 »
The evidence is there, but it's rather more technical than the evidence for the holocausts.
And some people still try to deny that...  :'(

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 14:48:43 »
I would like to point out that the Pope is not a scientist, just the head of a large group of people who believe in a myth.

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2009, 14:55:15 »
that was my point!  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2009, 15:01:11 »
we all have different views, the diversity is why life can be interesting.  

Scientists said sheep dip (organiphosphates) were safe.  Government made it compulsory for farmers to use it twice a year on their sheep to stop scab... the consequences of which many of us are still suffering from today... me included...  The only thing the instructions said was "wear rubber gloves when handling concentrate"... (this has just been disproved to be useless against organophosphates as they can get through rubber...) and that it was safe when diluted... I trusted what people said when I was young and innocent... I don't now... I do a lot more research of different opinions now...  

scientists are human, we all make mistakes and have differnt opinions... lies... d**n lies... and statistics comes to mind...

I think we need to  be careful not to insult people who have different views, but listen and learn why people have these different views.

mat

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2009, 15:02:49 »
So were DDT and some other chemicals... so safe we have had to withdraw them from use...  :'(

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2009, 15:03:34 »
This thread is contributing more to global warming (real or otherwise) than the entire aviation industry.  8)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2009, 15:08:44 »
that was my point!  ;)

Sorry Tony, I missed your post when I scrolled back.....I blame the horrendous cold I have that's making me nearly blind...everything is bleary and difficult to read!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2009, 15:10:39 »
This thread is contributing more to global warming (real or otherwise) than the entire aviation industry.  8)
ain't it so!!
that was my point!  ;)

Sorry Tony, I missed your post when I scrolled back.....I blame the horrendous cold I have that's making me nearly blind...everything is bleary and difficult to read!
it's ok kea, we can share the point, glad to have a non believer on board!!
You couldn't make it up!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2009, 15:19:06 »
Well I'm waiting for someone to come and stamp on me for that comment...looks like we'll get stamped on together!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2009, 15:41:42 »
Well I'm waiting for someone to come and stamp on me for that comment...looks like we'll get stamped on together!

Then let me be the first... As a committed member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I respectfully request that you at the very least acknowledge that my faith has at least as much evidence as the one the Pope chooses to follow.

Here is a link to me & my fellow believers:
http://www.venganza.org/

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2009, 16:26:24 »
I'm not really interested in talking to you anyway les, we established you were mental back when you accused me of child abuse, you moron. You make me sick.

im mental, because i dont believe in the scaremongery or because i picked holes in your post.

either way im not concerned, my feelings about you have not changed, and if i make you feel sick then we at least have something in common.
your personal attack of me although off topic, was not unexpected but im old enough and wise enough to let it ride. i hope it made you feel better. ;D
i have apologised,  i dont expect one in return and hope that this is not going to be an ongoing thing from you the debate was running along nicely with plenty of information being posted all of which was healthy.

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2009, 16:27:11 »
I would like to point out that the Pope is not a scientist, just the head of a large group of people who believe in a myth.

;D ;D ;D ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2009, 16:48:08 »
this site has some of the answers
http://richarddawkins.net/
 ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2009, 18:27:21 »

im mental, because i dont believe in the scaremongery or because i picked holes in your post.

either way im not concerned, my feelings about you have not changed, and if i make you feel sick then we at least have something in common.
your personal attack of me although off topic, was not unexpected but im old enough and wise enough to let it ride. i hope it made you feel better. ;D
i have apologised,  i dont expect one in return and hope that this is not going to be an ongoing thing from you the debate was running along nicely with plenty of information being posted all of which was healthy.

You accused me of child abuse on a public forum, send me a crappy pm in which you tell me again that I'm wrong, and then think everything's okay? You can take your apology, roll it up in your copy of the daily mail and then work out where it fits.

I repeat, you are sick and I can't believe you have the audacity to hang around here, pretending to be reasonable.

And FWIW, your input to this "debate" is pretty dumb too.

Gobby

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2009, 18:38:04 »
Noticed a comment about woodburning stoves, so had a look around and actually they are classed as carbon neutral as the carbon released is the same amount of carbon fixed by the tree as it grew.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2009, 18:53:41 »
Trouble is, none of us is likely to be around when 'they' find out definitively whether or not our actions have had an effect on the planets thermostat, or whether this has been a good or bad thing.

Agree there seems to be a lot of scaremongering (in the 70's the new ice age was looming - anyone remember that front cover of the Radio Times?), and many people are exploiting the environmental agenda, but surely it is prudent to err on the side of caution and not pump too much crap into the atmosphere.

My personal 'hunch' is that we are doing worse long-term things to the human race than flying to Benidorm or having a patio heater. Our use of toxic plastics, poisoning of the water supply with chemicals and weakening the next generations by overuse of antibiotics and vaccines.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2009, 18:59:15 »
Either way it will all end in tears......  :-X

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2009, 19:06:07 »
There are times when I really, really get pissed off with this site.  I have just taken a lot of time and trouble to make a post differentiating between climate change versus global warming.  When I came to post it it has been buggered off into the ether.

Anyway, I'm going to watch Antiques RS.

valmarg

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal