Author Topic: AOL not loading  (Read 1354 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
AOL not loading
« on: January 15, 2009, 15:38:52 »
Can any of you clever computer people help me out, please.
When ever I try to load AOL onto my laptop [it loads on the main computer and the other laptops in the house] it tries to load then goes to screen name error and tells me that the service is temporarily unavailable. It suddenly started doing this yesterday. OH just shrugs his shoulders and says he doesn't know - so I am a bit at a loss what to do.
Any ideas?

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: AOL not loading
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:18:39 »
Most of the stuff on the net links it to messenger, are you logged onto messenger on you laptop or any of the other pc's at the same time as trying to get on aol?

The only other thing is to keep trying as sometimes their servers are being serviced and it can take them quite a few hours to get sorted. The other pc's might be linked to different servers to your laptop.

Sorry i couldn't be more help, i thought aol was crap and stopped using it about 10 years ago :(

Neil

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: AOL not loading
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:19:55 »
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AOL software? If not might be worth a try as it sounds as if the software has become corrupted/damaged in some way. Make sure you backup/save your favourite places and saved emails before uninstalling.

Failing that switch over to Internet explorer or another web browser such as firefox. You will have to start over with your favourite places/bookmarks but you can still access your email account via the AOL website.

Hope this helps.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal