Author Topic: Fruit trees in Lidl  (Read 12542 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Fruit trees in Lidl
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 13:32:57 »
I'd keep them in a frost free place outdoors until you are ready to plant out....shed/garage?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

thespade08

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 13:39:16 »
I'd keep them in a frost free place outdoors until you are ready to plant out....shed/garage?

Thanks Deb......will put them in my shed
I came,isaw,I ran

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:07:15 »
Reopening this thread.
 How have people done with their Lidls fruit trees? We have 3 apple & 2 pear. We have 3 Jonagold apple & can't wait to eat them ;D ;D ;D.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 13:20:01 »
I am interested that Lidl had Jonagold.  All my Lidl trees doing well, except none of them are the varieties I expected.  I thought that the choice was Bramley (i haven't got two of those), golden delious and granny smith, though none of mine are green, cox, certain no cox here, or James Grieve, and none are like my older James Grieve, so it is rather pot luck what you get.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 16:53:46 »
we got a nectarine that produced 4 peaches this year  ;D
keeping it topped to 7'
sorry, got them 08  ;D

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 23:07:58 »
Hey Manics - snap! my nectarine tree looked great early on but then dropped 7 of the 8 fruit and yes the one remaining fruit turned out to be a peach.............no wonder it suffers from leaf curl!

Tricia

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:04 »
Hey Manics - snap! my nectarine tree looked great early on but then dropped 7 of the 8 fruit and yes the one remaining fruit turned out to be a peach.............no wonder it suffers from leaf curl!

Tricia
yes but I'll bet it tasted better than anything you can buy..read to take them off when they are just soft at the 'shoulders' and keep them for 3 days before eating so we did and they were fab  ;D
oh, both peaches and nectarines can get peach leaf curl  :-\

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 17:01:03 »
Now I know why the foliage on the other nectarine I bought is so different. That tree didn't fruit this year and didn't get leaf curl either, so it will be interesting to see if it really is a nectarine - hopefully next year. I don't remember if it was bought from Lidl or Woolworths.

Tricia

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 14:25:40 »
I espaliered my apples - 3 buds appeared and are growing away well but unfortunately I realise I need to move them over winter as I have a problem with their position! Grr but they ought to be ok.

2 Plum trees awaiting a site in pots but looking ok.

Stella cherry hanging on - almost dead  >:(

All in al, very pleased and am clearing an 'orchard area' over autumn to plant them into.  I plan to get a few more over winter.

Psi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal