Author Topic: SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 23292 times)

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
Re: SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36:54 »
Woke up this morning at 5 am..........and 2-3 inches of snow on the ground here in Northamptonshire.

Which part of Northants were just over the border in Olney and got 5 inchs only 1 veg stall on the market today!!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2009, 10:42:26 »
Another inch or two here in Birmingham overnight, which means the City has ground to a halt, no trains or buses, schools and collages closed irrespective of staff getting in or not.

However, long queues reported to get in & out of all the supermarkets and Blockbusters.  ???

Was supposed to be at the Queen Elizabeth this morning.

Have too much experience of Birmingham roads in the snow so I cancelled. :)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2009, 10:48:46 »
Last lot had almost gone at teatime Wednesday, but steady fall overnight and continues now ..... about 1 inch level but not freezing

Just managed to clear a footpath down the drive, almost a pleasure  ;D ;D

We are about to venture out for a walk in Willingham Woods (about 1 mile away)

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2009, 10:53:10 »
It's drizzling here too, so the snow is melting - but it always seems to stay longer in our road because it's never gritted and there isn't much traffic. Recycling bins not collected today.
Keep Calm and Carry On

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2009, 10:55:19 »
Snow completely gone by yesterday evening but woke up at 6.30am this morning to find about 4ins of snow, has stopped snowing now. Dog (KC Spaniel) wasn't content to just go straight out in the garden and do what ever she needed to do, just kept shuffling round and round, when she came in I had to remove lumps of snow from her stomach. Next time I will buy a Greyhound ;D. Son-in-law had my car overnight returned it at 7am this morning, I told him to leave it outside in the road. I have just put it in the garage as there are still idiots driving down our side road far faster than is safe.

thespade08

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:58 »
Woke up this morning at 5 am..........and 2-3 inches of snow on the ground here in Northamptonshire.

Which part of Northants were just over the border in Olney and got 5 inchs only 1 veg stall on the market today!!

Northern area ..Corby
I came,isaw,I ran

the-goodlife

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2009, 11:02:04 »
just heard we are forcast another 10ins at some point in the week/next week have i heard right??  :)
today i will be growin veg

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2009, 12:29:22 »
Pah, no snow here in W. Essex  >:(  It's all rain and it's washing away what's still around.  Although it's a heck of a lot easier to walk about now.  I'd done several impressive torville and dean moves whilst on my way to various places (not excluding my office and there's CCTV outside  :-[)

the_goodlife - I hope so!  ;D ;D  I know we've been forecast snow showers early tomorrow but nothing on Monday's scale - and it won't settle now anyway, it's too wet out there.  Ah well, it was fun while it lasted :) 

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2009, 13:08:44 »
 What area are you garden girl? :) :)

We are in South Herts Taurus.  Been raining here this morning which has made the pavements even more slippy with the hard lumps of icy snow turning to slush.  Nearly slipped over a few times when walking round to our local shops this morning :o
Happy gardening all...........Pat

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2009, 16:33:10 »
Been raining on and off all day clearing most of it but the side roads and pavements that nobodys attempted to clear ( lazy barstards )  >:( have got worse now its getting colder again.  :'(     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2009, 16:38:04 »
Same here Kev... and the radio have just given out heavy snow overnight for the East Midlands... (Shame!) Main roads clear but still loads on side roads and pavements. I listened to that list as well Timnsal... but Derby Moor didn't post either so I drove Andy there to be turned round at the gate.. I mentioned the snowline and was told they were going to do it now...  ::)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2009, 16:59:53 »
I think my two were the at the only school open in Derby today! They were not best pleased!
My son has just run out of the house to go and play out, wearing warm gloves, a wooly hat, two big jumpers, and.........shorts?! ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

timnsal

• Half Acre
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2009, 19:24:39 »
I wouldn't have minded the omission so much, except for the message on the school's website to check on radio Derby and the link to their website ::)

Sally

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2009, 11:10:07 »
Well - we can now get to the freezer.
But at my age, it was quite a task!!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2009, 11:49:52 »
Some have a bit more fun than others  ;D ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7875271.stm

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2009, 12:38:17 »
Fantastic Sam.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2009, 14:16:09 »
I can't see it Sam.   need to install Adobe  AGAIN. 

Its been snowing off and on all morning but just the fine stuff so no problems.  Its going to be an exceptionally cold night though.  I keep thinking of the poor folk who are homeless.  How do they sleep out in conditions like it is just now. 

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2009, 14:21:37 »
there was an article in 'the big issue' on this 2 weeks ago!
You couldn't make it up!

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2009, 15:51:18 »
Loved the video Sam :)

Deb P is your son going to be a postie then??  ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal