Author Topic: CHICKENS,HUGH AND TESCO TOO  (Read 15354 times)

archiesdad

• Not So New ...
Re: CHICKENS,HUGH AND TESCO TOO
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2009, 13:35:52 »
We have two farm shops within 3 miles of our home. We buy all our meat from them. It's not as expensive as you would imaging. 1 shop even has a board comparing their prices with the local supermarket.

Our experience is that the farm shop meat is good quality, the food is labelled with the farm it came from so we hope we are supporting the farmers who produce the food in the first place not the shareholders of the supermarket chains.

I know not everyone can buy from a farm shop, nor does every farmer want to have a shop to sell the produce. But if we don't like what the supermarkets do with their suppliers then there is only one way to let them know - that's to stop buying from them.

Supermarkets definately have their place, we still buying washing powder and all the other stuff you need to run a family home - but we don't support their policy on meat, so we don't buy it.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2009, 16:43:23 »
eeekkk  I remember them legs,remind me of a couple of pipe cleaners. ;D
:o  :-[  :-X  ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2009, 18:01:48 »
Have you been cleaning the floor as you walk about? those slippers look decidedly filthy since I saw them last.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2009, 20:11:13 »
Just a lack of flash ;D
That and the odd trip up to the glasshouse.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 20:13:54 by Froglegs »

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2009, 22:11:18 »
Well! keeping an open mind on food and things, I watched the programme, the presenter must have had a degree in 'stating the bleeding obvious'.

If you are lazy and don't work, or have more kids than you can afford, you are obliged to buy budget food in blue and white stripey packets at very cheap prices. Naturally this cheap food does not have as much nourishment as the more expensive food, but you haven't used a lot of energy to find it, so it trades off.

You can buy just as cheap if you go around your local shops hunting out bargains. The flaw in this is that the people on the blue stripey food are too lazy to earn a decent living so it stands to reason they will not waste energy doing that.

Nobody in their right minds will buy the budget food as it is bloody horrible. If you can't afford the good stuff, get a job or keep your legs together. SORTED.

I take it you didn't enjoy the programme then. ;D ;D

valmarg

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2009, 09:45:16 »
No..just stating the bleeding obvious. ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2009, 14:18:11 »
No..just stating the bleeding obvious. ;D

Oh dear, I've had the programme on telly twice, and haven't seen it yet.  Got eyelid droop. ;D

valmarg

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2009, 20:33:31 »
DARN!  I had wanted to see this..... one day too late  :(
that's wot the i-player is for  ;D ;D ;D

Whats an i player?

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2009, 22:10:01 »
The iplayer is the bbc's 'watch again ' sketch.
this one is ch 4 's
http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless-catchup.jsp?vodBrand=chickens-hugh-and-tesco-too
You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal