Author Topic: French strawberry cultivation...not as we know it!  (Read 1555 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
French strawberry cultivation...not as we know it!
« on: January 23, 2009, 15:00:08 »
Having plucked up the courage to order some Strawberry plants from France that I couldn't get elsewhere, I tried translating the cultivation advice via online google translation.....not at all sure all of it has been done correctly, but it did make me laugh! ;D

Culture of Strawberry

Available by bunch of 25 plants, crashing upon receipt tilled ground and smoked, plate of 3 rows (1.20 m width), all 30/40 cm line. A reception, ignore the appearance of the foliage that you must remove the planting until the plant is not rooted, it can not support the survival of the leaves. The strength of the plant is concentrated in the neck.  Before planting, soak the plants a few hours and shorter roots. The plants should be planted to the neck, taking care not to curl the roots then bounded (pack the soil around the neck) and then a good watering to join the land to the roots. Watering copiously until recovery.  Binages frequently to keep the soil or own culture on film noir.  Remove runners (flowing). A plate is renewed every 3 years, but be sure to provide regular fertilizer special strawberry. For an optimal return in the fall of the plants we deliver "fresh" and spring planting "refrigerator".

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: French strawberry cultivation...not as we know it!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 15:14:50 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well good luck Debs!! Can we have a photo of your fridge later in the season? :D I can't wait ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 17:23:48 »
'...to keep the soil or own culture on film noir.'. Fantastic! Barbara Stanwyck and Humprey Bogart should appear any moment. Or perhaps, Jean Gabin... :D
Also, I love 'a good watering to join the land to the roots.'.

Joining the land to the roots! That's what it's all about!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 17:44:52 »
;D ;D ;D ;D

Well good luck Debs!! Can we have a photo of your fridge later in the season? :D I can't wait ;)

That's if they survive 'crashing upon receipt tilled ground and smoked' !

I did manage to fathom that 'binages' is hoeing!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

star

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 23:37:01 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D You are every gardeners ultimate code breaker 8) I will remember to get in touch with any dodgy instructions in the future ;D ;D ;D

psssst........any good with US knitting patterns? ;) ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 23:45:15 »
;D ;D ;D ;D You are every gardeners ultimate code breaker 8) I will remember to get in touch with any dodgy instructions in the future ;D ;D ;D

psssst........any good with US knitting patterns? ;) ;D

;D ;D ;D

I fear translating anything American is a task too far for anyone........except maybe Jeannine? ;)

star

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 19:44:24 »
Yes thats a good idea Debs, when she's not so busy....... ;) :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal