Author Topic: cat up the duff,advice please folks  (Read 2712 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
cat up the duff,advice please folks
« on: January 20, 2009, 00:30:22 »
our lovely cat seems to be preg1n0ant,and walking along my keyboard just! seemingly we need to provide a safe quiet bed for her to create a nest in,which we have done,besides that we cant seem to find much hands on advice online,can any of you share your experiences please? we have good and safe homes for as many as up to 4 kittens,and will be getting her done as soon as is safe after the happy event.she is eating a small amount more,and we reckon she got at least another 3/4 weeks left
thanks in advance
rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

lavenderlux

• Acre
Re: cat up the duff,advice please folks
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:44:02 »
Cats don't always like the 'maternity bed' you select for them and will find their own - like your bed or a quiet corner in a bedroom, so you may need to keep her out of these areas.  Perhaps give her the choice of two beds, a cardboard box with lid and side access and lined with newspaper would be fine.  My experience of cats (not just female pregnant ones) is that they much prefer a cardboard box over a 'proper' bed!  Once she's had the kittens, if you give her and them too much attention, she will move them to another area quieter of her choice.  She will need access to clean drinking water. 

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 20:09:59 »
hi elvis i amm a hobby breeder of british shorthair cats.so have had a few kittens  born,you will find the queen will eat lots more food.we use a cardboard box which we put next to our bed ( norm about 3 days before she due ). she will let u know wen she ready to have her babies,usually at night. If i can help you in any way please message me .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 20:11:37 by grotbag »

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 23:46:26 »
thanks to you both for great advice,think i was worrying that there was too much to do that i didnt know about,so i will chill a little now! grotbags i thought they usually went in the night time,i wonder why that is,thank you very much for the very kind offer of pm ing you,may well take you up on that
cheers again
rach
xxx
ps ill let you both know when the happy day comes!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 20:08:06 »
thanks to you both for great advice,think i was worrying that there was too much to do that i didnt know about,so i will chill a little now! grotbags i thought they usually went in the night time,i wonder why that is,thank you very much for the very kind offer of pm ing you,may well take you up on that
cheers again
rach
xxx
ps ill let you both know when the happy day comes!

ahhh, bless! Nothing whatsover to add or contribute, rach,  btw, but......any idea who the Dastardly Dad is and when the babbies are due?

BTW! for Grotbag praps.....this thread has boken a weird dream of mine.....can you tell me, please, how long after a birth can a cat have another delivery?  (stange things one dreams ::))

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 23:13:57 »
And we want lots of piccies too please, so we can oooh and ahhhhh over the little darlings.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

grotbag

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 21:22:03 »
hyacinth.earliest one of our cats as come into season ,was 6 weeks after giving birth.allowing for length of pregnancy (9wks).in theory she could of had kittens 15 wks after 1st lot.What have you been dreaming about??

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 21:45:23 »
15 wks after 1st lot.What have you been dreaming about??

Amazing! I don't even remember now what the dream was abt :-[, but I remember waking up and I'd said, emphatically :o "three months"!!!.....and I've never ever had a lady-cat ever. Lord knows what happens in dreams or what prompted that one ;D

grotbag

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 21:36:36 »
has she had  kittens yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal