Author Topic: Locking the competition result thread  (Read 2121 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Locking the competition result thread
« on: January 19, 2009, 20:51:32 »
Any chance it can be left unlocked once a winner has been confirmed?  It would be so much nicer/better to congratulate the winner against their picture instead of having to go elsewhere.

I just went to congratulate Carol only to find it's been locked.  I don't really see the point in starting a whole new 'congratulations' thread when there's already a relevant thread open?

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Locking the competition result thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 21:10:29 »
Thanks Sam.  Lot of great pictures again this week so congrats to everyone else as well, I wish I could capture a spiders web with ice and I thought the Trees all looked good hanging with frost.

:) :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 23:16:40 »
Congratulations Carol, a lovely picture. 

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 14:11:03 »
Any chance it can be left unlocked once a winner has been confirmed?  It would be so much nicer/better to congratulate the winner against their picture instead of having to go elsewhere.

I just went to congratulate Carol only to find it's been locked.  I don't really see the point in starting a whole new 'congratulations' thread when there's already a relevant thread open?

I think you might have caught the thread during change-over, Sam.
 For the reason you mentioned, ie; keeping comments and pic's together, I change the title from 'Vote Now' to 'Winner', but during the change I need to lock the thread.
 So far as I can tell, I took the lock off after the change and there's no 'lock' symbol showing on the thread intro.
 I've managed to post into it but Mod status will over-ride the lock.
 Could you (or someone) test a post in there please.
 Thanks, Ken.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal