Author Topic: Am i a sad case?  (Read 6358 times)

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Re: Am i a sad case?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:35 »
Its sooo good too no I'm in such good company, the amount of drooling and planning I've been doing I thought I was just losing the plot ;D ;D

Busy Bee

• Quarter Acre
  • Bexhill On Sea East Sussex
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 11:08:43 »
If they don't let you, make sure you take the shed before the lady leaves or they might not let you take it.

If they do, remember to ask the lady what she had growing where as you will be able to start your crop rotation off.

Neil

Woo hoo i got it. The council person said i can have it. All i have to do is wait for the last holder to terminate and they will transfer her plot to me. She hadn't done much work on the plot as she only had it for 8 months and was put off my one of the plot holders. Must say i find him ok but time will tell.Off now to secure the shed and put up Do Not Remove notices before anyone else thinks they can take it. Don't know if it will put them off though. Wish me luck lol

Busy Bee

• Quarter Acre
  • Bexhill On Sea East Sussex
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 13:27:05 »
I think that is what gardening is all about ... getting excited about what might be for the following season. I was gutted last year when at the beginning of the year someone told me we wern't going to have a good summer, it took the edge off the excitement.

This year is going to be THE year!!! Everyone send out positive thoughts for a GOOD summer!!  ;D

oops messes that up. Thats what i get for trying to eat and type at same time.
Sending positive thoughts through. Think it is going to be  great year. Got a better plot and hopefully a shed with it. Now i'm asking for a fantastic growing season too for my first season. Fingers crossed. I am sooooo excited  ;D ;D ;D

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 17:30:02 »
After waiting for three years got my allotment.  Excited or what.
!st year spent clearing allotment of weeds and brambles, with encouragement from other holders who gave us free veg for the season,brilliant people.

2nd year grew enough Potatoes and Onions to keep us going all winter not to mention beans,tomatoes and beautiful fragrant sweet peas. We were really excited.

3rd year coming up and am more excited than ever and planning more and more.

So be excited and have a geat time, and you'll be even more excited when you eat the first of your produce!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 17:41:35 »
The name says it all    ;D

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 08:30:40 »
I'm more a sicko than a sado.. Pig sick, we had another two inches of snow last night so I still can't get on and do anything down the plot. I'm getting bored Sh**less. I drive past it everyday and I can see my two plots from the road, I have to force my car past to stop it turning into the entrance.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 09:05:10 »
YES!!!!! Going to the plot today. At least it will stop me looking and sometimes buying gardening stuff to ease the craving,Our plot is on sandy soil so maybe will be able to do something.Have a nice day all you saddo's
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:08 »
I'm a saddo too  ;D

Have been dying to get growing. We are in our third full year on our plot. Last year I planted a few more permanent things, fruit etc that should give me my first decent crops this year so we should have the best variety of fruit and veg we've had so far.

This year I want to add a fig tree and an asparagus bed - I am just too excited  :)  :)
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:36 »
For months I have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms not being able to get onto the plot. Yesterday I manged to get there and plant my shallots and prepare my onion beds. Boy o boy was I happy getting at last things moving. At the end of this week I am expecting 10 ton of manure from a local farm, and I can`t wait. Sad? not me now I`m finishing work (retiring ) on Thursday and hope to live down the plot  ;D ;D ;D ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:25 »
Here's wishing you a long and happy retirement, down the plot... Powerspade.
  ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 15:30:22 »
And this saddo starts every year forgetting that there will be weather problems,  garden, pests, fungal diseases,  expecting all the seeds will germinate and feeling sure every plant will grow to perfection.

Ignoring the fact that buttercups and dandelions will grow tangled round the roots of plants I want to keep or hide under the ends or sides of beds so I can not dig them out.

It is a new year, a fresh start and everything will be better.

My cup is always half full and my glass needs a top up, always!

And when my first baby from each seed packet shows its head through the soil, I shall be proudly announce it's arrival to any one who is in ear shot, whether they want to know or not.

I will sow a little extra of every thing (just in case) then go round the plots to give away surplus because I can not stand waste.

I will also accept other peoples extras of things I did not sow and find space for them.

I will feel a pang of grief when a plant dies.

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 15:33:37 »
 :)Have a great summer.Powerspade.  Freedom at last Yippeeeeeeeeee ;D

james1

• Half Acre
  • Huyton
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 17:15:49 »
put my name on the sad list  ;D  ;D  ;D

lancelotment

• Half Acre
  • Great North Swim, 1 mile open water, Windermere'08
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 17:59:22 »
Nipped down the lottie this morning before coming in to work.  Dug out my bean trench then home for breakfast and shower to get ready for the office.  It was that dark I'm not even sure it was my plot I was working on but it beats thinking about another day sat in front of a PC with the phone constantly ringing!  Lance
Getting there - just rather slowly!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal