Author Topic: Widnes Produce Swap, please join...  (Read 1765 times)

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
Widnes Produce Swap, please join...
« on: June 06, 2009, 11:53:24 »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/widnesproduceswap/

This group is to enable anyone in Widnes and nearby, who grows fruit and veg or has egg laying hens, to swap/barter their produce. Do you have a glut of eggs, potatoes, leeks etc and would like to swap them for something else? Just post a message prefixed with either "wanted" or "for swap" and include your location and a short description of what you want/are offering.

In the main message write a short paragraph about your offer/request. If you are requesting something then state what you are prepared to give in exchange and if you are offering produce, please say what you would like in return. Or, if you're open to offers, just say so.

No livestock is allowed, no prepared food items such as cakes or jam I'm afraid and no alcoholic products.

You can swap fruit, veg, tools, seeds, items for use in growing your own; wood for raised beds, sheds, greenhouses, netting, watering cans, pots, paving slabs etc etc.

You could even offer your services, for example can you dig a raised bed for someone in exchange for some produce?

Or, do you have a fruit tree that produces too much for you to use? You can offer the fruit to anyone prepared to come and pick it.

come and join us!  :)

joestig

• Not So New ...
Re: Widnes Produce Swap, please join...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 20:57:47 »
good idea this, I ended up with tons of sweetcorn all at the same time last year. I'm just nerby in Runk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal