Author Topic: Employment agencies  (Read 887 times)

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
Employment agencies
« on: January 13, 2009, 20:47:57 »
Have any of you had any success with online job agencies?

I'm not looking for a googled list, but just names of ones that you have had actually got a job with.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: Employment agencies
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:35:10 »
Personally I have had most success working with agencies who have an office in the area I want to work in.  I make sure I meet the agent who is going to be "selling" me in person & build up a rapport with them.  If you come across well, they will be happier to put you forward and talk to employers about you as a person.

Some of the on-line agencies employ data mining techniques to sift words from your CV and make statistical matches with the job spec.  Having seen job specs for jobs I know, that doesn't fill me with hope.

I used to do a lot of organisational change work & when recruiting, I used to get loads of CV's for ITIL change managers - not the same thing at all, but the words matched!

I'd say use the on-line sites to see if they have the right sort of roles or work in the right area, and then ring up & see how the people in the office work.  Make your decision on how that converstaion goes.

Cheers
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Employment agencies
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:36:38 »
I use lots of them and i have got contract work from them in the past but it depends what your looking for. At the moment there are between 750 and 1500 people chasing each job in my market and i have friends looking for work who have been looking since oct 2008 and only had 3 or 4 interviews.

PM me what your looking for maybe i can point you in the right direction :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal