Author Topic: Where can I get a..... Bread Maker Recipe Book?  (Read 3552 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Where can I get a..... Bread Maker Recipe Book?
« on: January 06, 2009, 00:16:40 »
After lots of uuming and aahhing,  last week I finally purchased a Morphy Richards bread maker.  I was looking to purchase a different model for £100 then saw this one in the sale at Argos reduced from £100 to £49 so bought this one instead.   I was feeling quite chuffed with my bargain.  The recipe book included was rather basic to what I had anticipated.  It says how to make bread, and Jam and has multi cooking programs.  For some dough recipes the book only says how to make dough; not oven temperatures and time duration to cook afterwards. 

Can anybody recommend a good recipe book to go with my breadmaking machine or do you only get the manufacturers basics?  Is it all guess work?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
Re: Where can I get a..... Bread Maker Recipe Book?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 00:51:28 »
Ask on recipes 4 all. Try your local library.  I've picked up some great cookery books from charity shops so there always worth a look. Freecycle sites.  Hope these suggestions are of help.
                                     Taurus

runnerbean

• Not So New ...
  • Bean's been runnin!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:45:42 »
I bought one from one of those office sales - it is called 'Best ever bread machine' by Jennie Shapter ISBN 1-84309-399-5 Includes recipes such as 'spinach and parmesan bloomer' but also offers alternatives such add  swiss chard.  Try amazon and good luck!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:42 »
my daughter in law bought me 100 bread machine recipes by Vicki Smallwood, it is that good, I bought my sister one at Christmas, from Amazon..through this site, btw..they have a few used ones..I love it  ;D
3.50 at the mo

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 21:33:23 »
suggestion..... read the 'what went wrong' pages first! then you won't make mistakes..hopefully ;)
You couldn't make it up!

rocketron

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 21:51:51 »
Try Matalan, brought one for my daughter this Xmas. cost £4.75

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 00:18:22 »
suggestion..... read the 'what went wrong' pages first! then you won't make mistakes..hopefully ;)
Nothing has gone wrong yet as I have only made bread from recipes with programs from the manual.  I read the manual from cover to cover,  including the "what went wrong" pages prior to using the bread maker.  At no stage is there any mention of cooking times or temperatures for recipes where it only lists ingredients.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 18:23:27 »
my daughter in law bought me 100 bread machine recipes by Vicki Smallwood, it is that good, I bought my sister one at Christmas, from Amazon..through this site, btw..they have a few used ones..I love it  ;D
3.50 at the mo

Thanks Manics :-* - bought just now from Amazon 8)

Cheers! and thanks again for your help,

Lishka x

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 15:16:18 »
Update on the book I bought at Manics' recommendation from Amazon....confirmation today from the seller that it's been posted 1st class to me this morning. Good, or WOT?! 8)

Manics told me that her Panasonic recipe book is v. good but this has extra recipes in it which are a welcome addition - she says that you can make DOG BISCUITS even  ::)

So praps it's going to be a spensive prezzie from me to mine....not only the book but a dog as well?.....+ vaccinations...+ insurance.....ooo-eck ::) ;D.....

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 16:21:03 »
just deciding which to do next, did some pizza bases and some pitta bread yesterday, tomorrow looks favourite for mustard sausage rolls...watch out,Hyacinth,you might end up keeping it for yourself and buying a panasonic  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 18:16:26 »
fat chance, Manics....it arrived this morning! 8) and I had a quick look-through before posting it on to its final destination.....am I going to be a Big Hit with D-in-L or wot!! Cheese and Marmite twists! - well, she LURVES Marmite & I know she's got some - just taken over 3 squeezy bottles of the bloody stuff :-\  Clocked the mustard sausage rolls.....hmm 8)... I'm gonna be demanding some when I go back there, but trade-off is, she can eat all the bl**din Marmite Twists all herself ;D

Everso many thanks for the recommendation :-*

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 18:51:31 »
hope she likes it, didn't get around to the sausage rolls, fruit loaf deffo, tomorrow  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal