Author Topic: Instant Mash  (Read 1522 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Instant Mash
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:16:06 »
It all happened some years ago when the stuff first came out, we all thought that we would have a go with this wonder product.

Like most, once tasted, that was it.

Then I learned that there were other uses for it. I keep a packet in now, for the use of. Just that very cheap ASDA smart price, it has no salt or milk powder in like other brands . I just thought that I would share.

Thickening soups and stews. It works better than flour just sprinkle in. No problems with gluten either.

Roast spuds, when I par boil they get to that stage where they are just right to be fluffy so that the roast are crisp or go over and get mushy, so now I time the spuds a minute or two less and after draining sprinkle over some instant mash, the steam soon softens it and there is a nice fluffy surround to get crispy.

No doubt I am not the only one finding uses for this and other products, so any one else want to add to this or share another great finding?

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Instant Mash
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 21:51:12 »
I've never bought the stuff - but your tip for thickening stews or gravies sounds good. I so often get lumps when using thickening granules.

Tricia

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 22:25:40 »
i love instant mash !!!!! (there confession over) therapy here i come

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 23:00:29 »
i love instant mash !!!!! (there confession over) therapy here i come

MY NAME IS DEBSTER AND I AM AN INSTANT MASHAHOLIC!!!

Duke :P :P
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 17:19:21 »
guilty as charged m'lord  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal