Author Topic: Goodbye Tobacco!  (Read 35670 times)

Pink Fingers

• Quarter Acre
  • That's the pot planted, now for the veg ...
Re: Goodbye Tobacco!
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2009, 23:17:15 »
I stopped just over three years ago (after 30+ years), though I had stopped many, many times before that. 

Difference last time was that I hated my job and wanted to cut back on my house - so I made an agreement with myself to stop smoking in exchange.

I put on weight during the first year which looked destined to stay forever.  Then I looked in the mirror last week and thought 'the waistline has shrunk'.  Put on some jeans from the next size down collection (still two more sizes to go) and they fitted.  Cash machine receipt in the back pocket was for Nov 06.  One year to put on, two years to take off the first bit - four more years to got and I'll be back where I started.   

It's never too late, and I have now stopped stalking people in the street when they light up ..... but I do still love a bit of passive.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2009, 23:03:25 »
is it just me? i think SBG is still smoke free, what about star?
You couldn't make it up!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2009, 08:16:56 »
is it just me? i think SBG is still smoke free, what about star?

Sadly, Star's got heavy stuff going on at home atm, which is why she's not around :'(.....if/when you read this Star, love and all good thoughts to you and yours :'(

And Ol, so sorry about the job. Dreadful and stressful time for those of you in the financial industry who are now without work :( Good luck with the search :)

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2009, 03:03:29 »
ive realy cut down from 60 to just over 20

i have found a simple and easy way to cut down i just dont put me faggs in my pocket. it is way to easy to pull out the packet and light one up so now i leave them indoors or in the glove box of my van. basicaly wot im doing is making me having to go and fetch my fags . also im making myself walk to the courner shop to buy them (wich is about 1 mile away)
im not ready to give up yet but im working on it  ;D
im taking inspiration from music aswel;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6iIp-PvnY
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2009, 07:09:40 »
Last day on the patches today! is it really 12 weeks since New Year :o ?
You couldn't make it up!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2009, 19:33:41 »
Well done Tony, you have done soooo well. And you too SBG. Sadly I have not been able to keep it up, I managed until I got to mums........then, well it all went pear shaped.

I will have to stop though when things calm down as I ended up in hospital myself last Sunday again, with ongoing heart problems. Only got home today, and feel I need to go back to mums next week.

Keep it everyone........where is Sinbad?
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2009, 19:40:54 »
Don't know where Sinbad is, but Biggest EVVA hugs for you, Star ((()))

Thassorl,

Lish  :-*

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2009, 18:21:45 »
LOL,  Hyacinth would be the last one to know where I was  ;D

A big Thank you to LBB, this is a person everyone should get to know, you'll never know what you did for me LBB.

I know I have been AWOL but I haven't had any cigarettes other than the one I told you about and that was because I was just so upset at some news I had had and then circumstances changed for me but all's well that ends well..................... I hope.

Well done Tony you have been brilliant and I did feel bad leaving you on your own but thought SBG would be there right beside you, so I hope she is as this is the hardest thing one has to give up in life, especially when you have been puffing away for goodness knows how long.

Star, I know you will do it one day and I for one do know how easy it is to return to an old friend when all else seems to let you down.  The only thing I learnt from having that one cigarette is that it is like pressing a self destruct button because if you think of the days you go without a cigarette and you are fine and then all of a sudden life kicks you in the butt you turn to the thing that is going to do you thye most harm but I am not preaching honest and logic had no place in my mind when I smoked that cigarette.  I wanted one so I had one.

Went today for my last 'smoke free' session so have been on the low dose patches for 3 weeks now, I don't think I will want to give the patches up some how as they have become my crutch but who knows when I can get down to my allotment full time.....................which depends on how much nice weather we have.  I am a fair weather allotmenteerer, well I would be, wouldn't I?

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2009, 22:10:30 »
well hello sinbad7!! glad you still smoke-free zone, if I can, you bl**dy can!!
went out for lunch with the O.H. on Mothering sunday, really fancied a ciggie after the meal (for all of 1 second) but I guess that will take years for the occassional 'crave' to stop. just got to be bloody-minded (that's easier without a ciggie  ;D)
Star, sorry to hear you been having stressful times, I'm sure you'll join the smoke-free brigade as soon as you can? ;)
SBG is still doin' fine (I think?), and a couple more did join in and then fell off the thread!
It's been fun to say the least!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #369 on: March 27, 2009, 18:38:06 »
As if I am going to let you beat me tonybloke.............................no way  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hope all 'smoke free's' have had a good day today.

It's just so nice to be able to get out most of the day, it has to make it easier, mine has been good.

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #370 on: March 27, 2009, 19:46:50 »
glad to hear it, Sinbad7!!.........can't (or won't) be beaten by a bloke, eh?  ;D ;D ;D

I've spent so much of my life being a 'terrible warning', it's a nice change to be a 'good example' ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

N8R

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2009, 15:41:47 »
today is my third week smoke free thanks to karen for putting up with the sulking and moodyness lol   i have not used any nicotine replacement and finnaly feel as though i am winning the battle lets just hope its not too late to put right the damage 20 years off abuse and poison may have caused  :-[

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2009, 21:41:10 »
Well done N8R, I don't think it is ever too late to make good some of the damage we have all done.

No Tony nothing to do with you being a bloke.  I think it's where you live that made me feel so competitive.  I love Norfolk and wanted to live there so as I don't and you do I had to not let you beat me  ;D  ;D  ;D

Guess that's a female way of thinking.

Hope you have all done well today.

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2009, 22:45:07 »
yep, sinbad7, that must be a female way of thinking! ;D ;D ;D
I have decided that I have OFFICIALLY GIVEN UP TOBACCO!! Woo Woo !!
hope everyone else is still smoke-free? (or doing their best!) ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2009, 23:18:10 »
Oh Tony, now that is a blokes way of thinking, I have Officially Given Up Tobacco ;D  ;D  ;D.  But very, very well done, I'd send you a Star if I could.

I wont be saying that until after Christmas.  I have the summer to get through yet of laying in the sun feeling the warmth on my body, the sand beneath me, sand running through my toes, burying my feet in it, the waves lapping, a glass of wine beside me and a nice cigarette to puff on.  LOL  I don't get those terrible cravings anymore but I can still remember the good times and the cigarettes and the times I have enjoyed them.  Thinking about it I wont even need a beach a sunlouger in the garden with a glass of wine would be danger time too.

I am not eating so many mint humbugs and am trying to eat a healthier diet.  Have you changed your diets for the better anyone?

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2009, 15:40:47 »
Well done lads ;)
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

twins 59

• Not So New ...
« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2009, 16:36:11 »
  Hi Tony stick with it
I know it is very stressful
I gave up february last year
after smoking 20 a day for over 40 years.
twins 59

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2009, 23:45:29 »
I am still 'smoke free' and have been wondering how you have been doing tonybloke as you are 'official' ;D  ;D  ;D

Hope everyone else is doing fine too.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #378 on: April 05, 2009, 16:21:52 »
I have never smoked so can you imagine being married to a person that does, five years ago my wife packed in and only  today when we walked past a person in the street that was smoking she said that If had known what it was like to breath in that stuff I would never of done it, I would after a night out go home and get in to the shower to rid me of that evil smell,

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #379 on: April 05, 2009, 16:26:50 »
yep! Sinbad7, still smoke - free (and smug) here as well !! I do hope everyonr else who joined inn this thread is still at least trying to to give up??  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal