Author Topic: Goodbye Tobacco!  (Read 35653 times)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Re: Goodbye Tobacco!
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2009, 19:10:33 »
Thanks betula.

Muttsnuts

• Not So New ...
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2009, 19:31:46 »
Hi to all  those on here trying to give up the weed, I wish you all the best in your efforts.

I gave up about two and a half years ago, by going on the NHS coarse, and lucky enough have never looked back.

Oh and yep there's nothing worse than an ex smoker ::)

Up the Gills!!!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2009, 19:35:49 »
Don't undo all the good work Sinbad. Its only one battle you have lost not the whole bluddy war. You can always try again. Will be thinking of you love
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2009, 21:39:19 »
OI! Sinbad7 !! you can't leave now!, as shirl said, it's only a minor skirmish, not even a battle!!
(bet it tasted wierd ? like an ashtray ?)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
come back soon, mate. missing you already!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2009, 22:00:19 »
Have another go Sinbad you were doing so well along with all the others.  I admire you greatly.

:D

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2009, 04:18:45 »
im a 60 aday plus the vodka etc
after reading this thread im gonna sort myself out

or it's no more life
dam it's gonna be hard but im gonna try
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2009, 06:48:41 »
go for it, mate (the master) feel free to join in the thread, the more the merrier!!
hope everyone is still smoke-free? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2009, 08:46:20 »
Sinbad I cracked many times  before I finally managed to quit. when you get back you will have the advantage of knowing just what made you give in. It all goes to show what an incredibly addictive drug it is. I don't think anyone realizes until they try to stop. I have full faith in you Sinbad. I know you will be back.
                             I want em saying

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2009, 08:59:13 »
Just checking in again... Still smoke free here!

I have an added incentive at the moment as I'm going through a selection process for a cool job which includes a fairly heavy medical if I get through all the other testing... it will be easier to pass with better lung function and lower blood pressure... also, my memory's improving without all the CO clogging it up.

Good work all you fellow former smokers... and Master, you'll feel so much better about yourself if you go for it.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2009, 16:47:41 »
I never realised what a powerful drug tobacco was and I hate drugs, but smoke.  Going to see the nurse next Thursday for advice, patches, whatever, but until then am still getting my regular fix, although not indoors.  It is going to be hard as I have smoked for 50 plus years, with breaks when pregnant, didn't know about the health risks in those days but it just made me feel so very sick.  Too old to just pregnant now but was an easy way to give up because my body 'said no'.  When baby was born at home doctor asked me what I wanted and I sat up in bed and had a ciggie, with baby next to me and the dog on the bed to watch all the action.  I have decided that if I can do it I will put the money aside for the grandchildren and a little bit for more seeds or allotment equipment.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2009, 09:05:04 »
Some good news for you all. Star is still smoke free.  ;D ;D ;D
                             I want em saying

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2009, 19:14:06 »
Still no tobacco!! severe leg cramps at 4.30 this morning, don't know if that's a symptom of giving up ciggies?
A  lovely 3 1/2 hrs in the greenhouse this morning, pricking out another 46 tomatoes, and 120 onions, potting on some alstroemeriainto 2ltr pots, 24 lupins and 24 hollyhocks into 'sixes' (1/2 tray, 6 cells)
couple of hours of allotment secretary meetings this afternoon followed by a lovely stroll round the castle at sunset.
how did I ever find the time to smoke?  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
hope every one else is remaining smelling of flowers, not ciggies?
good luck with the Job, Ollie!!
You couldn't make it up!

N8R

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2009, 19:25:16 »
there i did one week ,smoke free and without any assistance .must admit feel a but sorry for the other half i am a bit ratty but then she still openly smokes around me so fair is fair good luck everyone and well done  ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2009, 17:15:51 »
How is every one doing?
Still tobacco - free here  in the east!
Been a stressfull couple of days, 21 yr old stepson moved out on sunday, handed in a big project on monday morning, I must get down the lottie 2morra! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2009, 16:31:54 »
Day 77 !! wow, those 11 weeks went past in a hurry!!
the 'craving ' seems to get weaker each day, I only got 1 more week on the 5mg patches, then that's it!! this is the longest i've been without a ciggie for the last 40 years, thanks for the support, folks!!
what's happened to the rest of the smoke - free crew?? ;)
You couldn't make it up!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2009, 16:53:04 »
Well done ... here's to the next 77+  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2009, 19:58:43 »
Well, I must admit I had a few pints last Friday after the job interview &vaguely remember having er... 3 or 4 ciggies... But the good news is I haven't had any since. It's annoying, lots of my friends still smoke & if my will power's always going to go out the window after a few pints, then I need to avoid them when drinking.

Wife & kids are all away just now, back on Saturday so I could have a large one on Friday but... I know what'll happen & don't want to start again. Quiet night in it is then!

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2009, 21:17:26 »
Still smoke free here too.  On week 10 of the Champix, starting to be weaned off from next week.

I am having terrible problems with the smell of tobacco, is anyone else experiencing this.  I now can not stand the smell of it at all, and my poor fella (who smokes)  feels a bit of a leper at times because I wont let him give me a kiss hello if he has had one.  It is actually making me feel sick!!.

Standing in queues in shops with smokers in front of me, makes me feel terrible ill :( :(  The smell of stale tobacco is so bad to me at the moment, in fact it is one of the MAJOR factors never to smoke again, as I didnt realise to other people that I could of stank so much LOL.

I have spring cleaned my house from top to bottom, washing everything in site to remove tobacco and the smell from carpets and curtains etc.

I think it must be true, there's nothing worse than a ex smoker :)

But seriously is anyone else in the quitting stages feeling like this too??? ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2009, 21:40:46 »
Yep! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #359 on: March 20, 2009, 22:48:56 »
Confession time, the smokers will understand this... I put loads of effort into getting a particular job... had invested a lot of emotional capital and a lot of time... and got the rejection e-mail yesterday.

So...

I intend to stop smoking again tomorrow, wife & kids back, head down, family time... but right now, I'm off out the back for a smoke.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal