Author Topic: Calling all AOL members on A4All  (Read 2992 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Calling all AOL members on A4All
« on: August 29, 2004, 21:34:07 »
Are any AOL members out there experiencing difficulties at the moment?

Ever since Friday night I have been unable to use AOL to access websites. It comes up 'Action cancelled' and 'No page to display' instead of the website requested.

On contacting AOL they say they have technical difficulties at the moment. There seems to no problem with my computer.

I am wondering if this is really the case, and if anyone has shared this experience.

Just for the record I have been able to access A4All only through MSN Explorer (still via AOL??  ???). Just in case anyone was wondering how i posted this message!

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Calling all AOL members on A4All
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 21:52:56 »
No problems here Richard but I`ll let you know if things change
Sue

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 22:01:43 »
Hmmm. Interesting. Perhaps i've ben misled. I was told it was a general problem with AOL.

Many Thanks Sue

Yellow Petals

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 23:07:18 »
Hi Richard,

I've had no problems with my web browsing through AOL either.  Methinks they are leading you up the allotment path!

Sam.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 18:50:37 »
Anyone else please?

Len

• Quarter Acre
  • Len
    • International Allotments
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 21:19:14 »
No problems using AOL 9

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 09:51:54 »
This is very strange, AOL admit they have a problem which is preventing me from access ing web pages. I am not alone apparently, since there are numerous similar problems reported on the AOL message boards.

Clearly though it is not universal, since those of you who have replied, seem to have had no problems.  ???

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 23:56:04 »
Could I jst ask which version of AOL you are all using and whether you are Broadband or Narrowband (dial up)?

Still unable to access sites directly through AOL.

Thanks

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 07:10:08 »
I`m using AOL 9 Richard, on a Broadband connection
Sue

Yellow Petals

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 10:51:40 »
I'm AOL8 and on cable modem.

Apparently AOL9 is a b*gger anyway.  I installed it, then promptly uninstalled it and went back to 8!

Sam.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 16:21:51 »
Hmm, I'm AOL9 Broadband.

Perhaps i should try going back to an older version of AOL, possibly 8 and try that (cant go back too far though or the broadband wont work ::)

jo2

• Quarter Acre
  • I hate couch grass
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 16:58:36 »
I'm on version 9 dial up, sometimes a 98 pc sometimes a ME and find aols own browser is sometimes a little unreliable, when it is I switch to internet explorer instead which usually works.  find the aol helpline useless as they generally try blaming your pc first and try to make you mess with settings which have nothing wrong with them!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 12:47:59 »
I'm on version 9 dial up, sometimes a 98 pc sometimes a ME and find aols own browser is sometimes a little unreliable, when it is I switch to internet explorer instead which usually works.  find the aol helpline useless as they generally try blaming your pc first and try to make you mess with settings which have nothing wrong with them!

Tell me about it. 50% of the communications with AOL over this current problem have pointed the blame at my computer rather than at AOL, which is where the problem really lies i think.

Despite all the fancy 'bells and whistles' in AOL 9, I am considering 'downgrading' to AOL 8 and trying that. It is possible the fault is with the browser in 9.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 17:27:00 »
Just to update, AOL are now saying it is NOT their problem, because Internet explorer must be broken on my machine.  They say i must now get IE fixed to get back online properly.  ::)

I have found a IE repair/update patch on the microsoft website, which sounds as if it will fix the problem. However, it wont download properly! I just cant win!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal