Produce > Pests & Diseases

Red Beetle

(1/2) > >>

Pixie:
I'm sitting here with a friend who has mentioned that she has had lots of red beetles attacking her lilies which were in a patio pot. Any ideas what this could be? They are twice the size of ladybirds.

Sam

Gardengirl:
They are the dreaded Lily Beetle Pixie - get rid of them as soon as you see them otherwise they make an awful mess of your lilies with black gunge everywhere.  I keep a watchful eye out for them immediately my lilies start to grow and if you pick them off as you see them before they get a chance to multiply you should not have any trouble.

Pat

Pixie:
I think they have gone a bit far for that  :( is there any thing you can suggest for spraying them with?and will they attack everything in the garden or just the lilies?

Thank you
Sam

Doris_Pinks:
I pick them off and stomp on the little darlings!

Gardengirl:
I'm afraid I cannot suggest any sprays Sam as I personally do not use them.  I think I am right in saying that the lily beetle will only attack lilies, I have not known them attack any other plants.  As I said I tackle the problem as soon as it starts and so far have not had too much damage.

Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version