Author Topic: Wat's Wong Wiv that?  (Read 1041 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Wat's Wong Wiv that?
« on: December 23, 2008, 17:30:02 »
Ordered a Chinese last night for 5 people. I picked it up and got a freeby bottle of wine for picking it up!
 We all had a filling tasty meal with lots left over. I'm going to finish off the spare ribs tonight!
 Cost was £50 and the dog had a problem walking after her bowl full as well.
 Last week 2 of us ate-out and paid more than that for less. I even refused to pay £8 for a smattering of rubbish called a 'desert'!
 Makes you think about profit and quality of food served to a captive audience in a restaurant, eh?

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Wat's Wong Wiv that?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 20:10:35 »
Cannot comment re Chinese takeaways, but of the five pubs in our village would not even consider eating in them.  They do not employ a chef, only a 'chief defroster' (aka Brake Bros).

It would be nice to treat ourselves occasionally, but the prices they charge for frozen ready meals is exorbitant.

valmarg

debster

• Hectare
Re: Wat's Wong Wiv that?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 20:22:36 »
we like to go out for a meal, and make sure we take the 3 children (13,16 and 20) with us but im too tight to buy dessert at a fiver a piece cos they always have chocolate fudge cake anyway so i buy a big one for £5 or so they can eat as much as they want, are usually more ready for it after a walk or drive home and we save £20 in the process.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal