Author Topic: Rabbit Nuggets.  (Read 1069 times)

southernsteve

• Quarter Acre
Rabbit Nuggets.
« on: December 17, 2008, 21:10:01 »
Hi all

My rabbit is producing loads of little nuggets, thankfully in nice little piles normally in the same place so it's easy to collect.
My question is does this need rotting down or can it be spread straight on the plot and forked in?
I'd rather be flying

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: Rabbit Nuggets.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 21:41:33 »
They are very efficient as a compost activator ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:17:21 »
Rabbit manure is one of the best manures for the garden .Surprisingly it's classed as hot (fairly high in nitrogen) so you would be better piling it (composting it) for a while ..Another reason for this is if you rabbit has access to hay, piling it will nail most of the grass seeds in it.
If you do spread it fresh like as a booster for brassica  make sure you spread it around the plant and not touching it .. .
If you have no plants set like of as now, you could rake it or dig it in fresh, by the time you come to setting your plants out  it will have cooled sufficiently.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:26:18 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 13:33:50 »
Rabbit manure has the highest amount of nitrogen (2.4%) of any of the animal manures.

Rabbit manure is even higher in nitrogen than some poultry manures and it also contains a large amount of phosphorus--important for flower and fruit formation.

Rabbit Manure is classed as *Hot Manure* and therefore needs to be *Cooked* before adding to your soil. Let it cook in/on your compost heap first.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 13:38:15 by Lauren S »
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal