Author Topic: exotic manure?????  (Read 2932 times)

simmo116

• Acre
exotic manure?????
« on: December 04, 2008, 21:43:27 »
 :o have just read an article on exotic manure! and just emailed dudley zoo asking for some girafe poo.wanted elephant they arnt there no longer. any one used any? is it any good? its a bit differnent aye it?

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Re: exotic manure?????
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:55:08 »
I think apart from the price (I heard of llama nuts being sold at one of the parks at a really high price) and the fact that you wouldn't get as many elephant nuts on a shovel as you would horse nuts , I think once its gone through a herbivore it's all similar Sh**te so  good for composting . :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:58:03 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 21:30:13 »
great. had rarther abrupt email back from zoo today sying we no longer donate dung to the public for health and safety isues!!!! bloody nanny state! am gonna try the safari park next.(oh yes i will get me some ele poo)  ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:43:01 »
Why not find some riding stables?  It could be easier  :-\ :-\ :-\
The Tuscan Beaneater

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 18:15:05 »
rang a guy today who has donkey's and mules muck which he asures me  is organic but i think its a bit fresh so will leave to rot. 20 bin liners for a fiver.cant be bad. ive only got half a plot so should be ok.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 16:48:06 »
great. had rarther abrupt email back from zoo today sying we no longer donate dung to the public for health and safety isues!!!! bloody nanny state! am gonna try the safari park next.(oh yes i will get me some ele poo)  ;D

I doubt it's anything to do with a nanny state - sounds more like a can't be arsed zoo! Health & Safety is one of those things like Data Protection that idiots use as an excuse...

Good luck with your poo quest though!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 17:01:50 »
I don't know about using Giraffe Poo, the enclosure doesn't half stink.... that's why they have such long necks!!  ;D

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 20:48:38 »
i was reading that just about the best poo you can get is shunny bit? do you think its worth canvasing local pet stores etc? ill probably get same response from zoo.suppose ill have to be content with I disagree manure ;)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 09:55:35 »
Twycross zoo have started to treat their manure in a heating processs the kit cost £150,000 to do this, when they get the correct approval it will be on sale to the public but I can imagine the price of the stuff looking at what other companies charge for treated muck,

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 09:57:33 »
i can do you a great line in parrot and birdie poo with newspaper built in lol

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:36:33 »
suppose ill have to be content with I disagree manure ;)

Is that sanitary? :o ;D ;D ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 17:12:29 »
is shunny bit realy best? we have loads of friends with little shunnys that bit everywhere

lbb

kingston boy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 18:12:34 »

hi simmo, if youre interested ,on ebay in garden/plants ,you will find some Llamma tea/compost and theres some info on their site about how and what

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:57 »
We use the shunny bit but we mix it with our kitchen and garden waste. We don't use as much sawdust as we used to cos it seems to take a long time to rot down with the wood in it. We get our horse poo from the stables but leave it at least a year to rot down.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 11:05:27 »
I use guinea pig and bunny poo as i have 70 plus guinea pigs and its great !!!! i tend to put it into a trench like for the beans and it improves the soil really well, we also have bins full of it and it heats up quick and is one of the highest in nutrients of all poo's :) its as exotic as im getting  ;D

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:19 »
I met muck man on a dark pub carpark in the pouring rain on firday night.in lets say a not so nice part of town. have you got the sh*t man? i asked. have you got the money he replied. so i led him to an even darker allotment where we offloaded the muck and i handed over the readies. he said its good sh*t that son'the best. a combination of mule and pig.and you wont find any nasties in there either thats sh*ts clean mo fo!  ;D

i nether new being a lottie would be so exiting.
could do with something for my back tho its killin me

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal