Author Topic: A big fight on....  (Read 1028 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
A big fight on....
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:18:02 »
the box last night from Nottingham,well it makes a change from the fights we usually get in the city center on a Saturday night. :(

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
Re: A big fight on....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:00:50 »
Good fight it was too.

Not so much of the "Unleashing hell" that Froch promised but riviting stuff.

"Nottingham"  "Nottingham"  "Nottingham"!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 18:54:37 »
One of the best fights i have seen for a long time both of them did well.

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 19:00:45 »
i must have been watching a different fight then!!! both of them had good chins and plenty of heart but as far as boxing ability goes i thought they were average ???
froch has been calling out calzaghe for a fight for some time but on last nights performance with his hands down by his waist i think joe would put him away in 3-4 rounds

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 19:09:54 »
Fighting with his hands low is Froch's style....never lost or been knocked out so he must be doing something right.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 20:27:15 »
amir kahns style as well until he met breidis prescott ;D ;D he just didnt impress me im afraid far too open for my liking and i think he's in cuckoo land if he wants to fight calzaghe like i said you can't fault him for being gutsy and having a good chin but put him in with the likes of joe or even bernard hopkins and i think he would be exposed.
interesting that de la hoya got beat last night i just hope hatton doesn't try to get the pacquaio fight that guy is something else altogether.
do you think ordinary harrison will finally throw in the towel after last night ???

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 01:23:15 »
Even though there was a lot of "holding on" at times it was still a good fight.  Not many fights get to go the distance these days.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal