Author Topic: thieving buggers!  (Read 1875 times)

simmo116

• Acre
thieving buggers!
« on: November 18, 2008, 18:57:21 »
got down the allotment the weekend to build muck center and found that some bugger had pinched my water but!!!!!! that is unless it blew away! dont fink so!
anyway back to the question.. nettle tea? how long do i leave it? if i pick and soak now in barrel will it be ready for feeding toms in summer?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: thieving buggers!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 19:56:43 »
If there was any water in the butt it'll have been far to heavy to blow away! I've been there myself. It's probably going to be on the site somewhere, so is it identifiable? It's worth scratching your initials on anything like that.

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 18:37:36 »
its been partially painted green and it has a 3/4" polypropeline stabin on the side. have had a quick look round site but cant see anything.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 08:04:31 »
yes, to your original question! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 19:23:56 »
People will steal anything that isn't nailed down these days - it's just terrible. Mind you, not much point in nailing down a water butt! Enjoy your nettle tea - it stinks!!!

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 19:41:05 »
keep going with ur head down fella pluck em
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 21:04:46 »
update on water butt!!!! some one put it in the shared shed. as there is 2 keys between 3 plots i was unable to check so i phoned my neibour to see if it was in there? (she's french) oh no i not see anything like that? so to my supprise when i go down to check lottie she is there and shed is open.and there is water but! its a 3x6 shed so its not like it could hide! any way alls well that ends well.am going to keep it in shed untill water is back on so can fill it up.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 19:49:59 »
There have been water butts stolen on a site in my area...it was in the local paper.
My first year Iwent to my plot on a frosty morning ater it had been really windy and my groundcover carpet was draped over my fence...I was very puzzled briefly until I realised that the old bits of farm machinery I'd dug up on my plot and then used as weights had been stolen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal