Author Topic: Malvern Potato Festival???  (Read 1135 times)

ManicComposter

• Not So New ...
Malvern Potato Festival???
« on: December 01, 2008, 21:27:03 »
I cant work out if I imagined this or not but sometime last year or maybe the start of this year I remember reading or seeing an article about a potato festival in Malvern?

I think I might have seen it on Gardeners World, I am quite interesting in going to this in 2009 (if it is on) but cant find anything about it online.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Malvern Potato Festival???
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 13:31:39 »
You might have more luck with an answer up in edible plants. They are all eating mince pies and drinking sherry down here to worry about spuds.

I expect the Malvern show was a local show and was not on the net. But you should be able to get to one near you as ther are loads of them nowadays. Keep an eye on your gardening column in your local rag.

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 16:03:09 »

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 23:05:57 »
I'm local to Malvern and I've never heard of a potato festival there. There is a big RHS garden show there in Spring (filmed for Gardener's World) and another one in Autumn but no potato show. The nearest one is the potato weekend at Dundry nurseries between Gloucester and Cheltenham Sat/Sun
24/25 Jan 2009. This is a joint venture between Dundry nurseries and GOGG (Gloucestershire Organic Gardening Group) It's a fab place to buy pots from, if you live near you must go.
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal