Photo Gallery > Fun Photos

My "Grot"

(1/7) > >>

Plocket:
I just had to show you my Grot. William O told me about Hypertufa on a different board and this is my first Grot. I am so pleased with him!

William O:
Hi Plocket, nice to know you're pleased with me ... or was that the grot you're referring to  ;D

Your grot looks quite a happy chap, with a big smile on his / her face. Mine have to do without mouths and are a bit more grumpy and sinister looking with fiery red eyes (some glass marbles I saved from when I was a kid) and thick eyebrows. The baby elephant is rooting between the rose and hydrangea, and appears to be quite happy.

How's progress on the staggered "wheels"

Doris_Pinks:
Come on you two, fess up, how do we make one?

William O:
Hi Doris it really is great fun.

The basic material is Hypertufa (1 part cement 1 part sand and 2 parts peatmoss - which I've substituted by multypurpose garden compost)

There is quite a good link with lots of info. I was surprised how easy it is to make and use.

http://www.efildoog-nz.com/hypertufa.htm

Thus far I've made two grots, a baby elephant and some Tufa stones with holes in it for my hardy succulents. But I won't stop there.

eileen:
What a brilliant idea you two!!! How about some piccies of yours then William? Love to see the elephant.  :D

Eileen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version