Author Topic: Bas***ds got another one!  (Read 2615 times)

Old bird

• Hectare
Bas***ds got another one!
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:02 »
They took another chicken last night.

This time they came equipped with bolt cutters and cut two padlocks off to get to my chickens.

I am now hoping that they won't go up tonite as there will be no padlocks and I am rehoming them all tomorrow!  I will probably keep a couple at home with Gingerbread and I have found three other people that will give them a safe home.

The local newspaper may run a story on this - in which case - if and it is a big IF they are still alive and being kept for eggs - some neighbour may notice that someone is "acquiring" chickens.  Police can't really help - understandably - but hopefully they may turn up.  I am certainly not holding my breath.

I will not keep them up the lottie any more - although I will still keep the house there - so that if circumstances change - then I could if I wanted to!

Old Bird  ??? ??? ???

littlebabybird

• Hectare
Re: Bas***ds got another one!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:26:04 »
Old bird
so sorry to hear this.
lbb

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:29:58 »
So sorry Ann,and angry. >:(

All the joy of keeping your girls taken away.

Speak soon :(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 19:08:46 »
how're you doing, old bird ?
did you manage to get them settled, so sorry you've had to let them go  :-\

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:46:51 »
Thanks Manics

Yes - I kept one at home with my other one!  They have started to get on quite well and the new one doesn't seem very bothered by the dogs or anything and is laying!

The others went off in twos - so far only one problem where my girl was attacking small silkie bantams - so she has moved on again to a farm with "proper" free range facililties.  Two went to another friend and are hopefully settling in nicely, the remaing two I took to my window cleaner who has a couple of bantams and a HUGE garden with free range!

The local paper are doing a story - and I have written in the letters page of the same paper - offering a reward for their return & thieves conviction.  I am not expecting any response but if the creeps that did this know about it they may have a few anxious moments!

Went up the lottie on Saturday morning and it was SO QUIET the silence felt really uncomfortable - as you know - they generally keep up a gentle banter!

After I had re-homed them all - the Council came and blocked, permanently, the path the these cretins got in by so if they return they will have no cover from the garages and have to use the main entrance which is very visible - so - hopefully - come the spring I may try again with some more ex batts!

Thanks for your concern though!

Old Bird

;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:13 »
I'm glad you got it sorted, they're lovely little things, been to open up today, fed them with all the boiled scraps, they're all under my feet, 'talking' to me..I just wish we'd got them sooner  ;D
I hope you can get some more next year, I couldn't be without them now  :)

B7jac

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 13:06:36 »
This is really horrible!

These sort of people are scum, I truly believe that you reap what you sow, and one day they will get there come upance !

At least the others have all got good homes X
You always love your children more than they love you...

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 22:12:31 »
I'm glad you got it sorted, they're lovely little things, been to open up today, fed them with all the boiled scraps, they're all under my feet, 'talking' to me..I just wish we'd got them sooner  ;D
I hope you can get some more next year, I couldn't be without them now  :)

They do kind of get to you don't they?

Louise
Grow yer bugger grow!

beanie3

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 22:54:52 »
i cant beleive some twits (choose language carefully) would do this and why?  it just dont understand some people - like someone said they will get whats coming to them.  i know that doesnt help you - i would be heartbroken so feeling for you.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 18:15:25 »
Some people are so sick they'll do anything. When I moved to Cornwall, we got hens, and they promptly started vanishing, a couple at a time. We couldn't make it out. Eventually a notoriously sick local teenager confessed to me, while horribly stoned, that he had been taking them 'And I'm coming for the rest tonight'. By that time, of course, we had a lock on the henhouse, my sister's dog down overnight, and that was the end of it. Last I heard, he was alternating between prison and psychiatric hospital.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 18:18:43 by Robert_Brenchley »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal