Author Topic: driving licence  (Read 1675 times)

ACE

• Hectare
driving licence
« on: November 29, 2008, 18:20:45 »
How many of you got one of the first photo licences back in 1998. If you did then you had better renew it as it only lasts for 10 years. It alright to do it late if you did not know it needed doing, it will only cost £17.50.

Look at the small date along side note 4b. Then turn the licence over and read the note. Be careful if you have the licence that lets you drive motor cycles/ small lorrys/ road rollers/towing etc. Make sure you keep the proof when renewing as they have been known to leave it off.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: driving licence
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 18:26:17 »
And while you're checking that, check the expiry date on your E111 card if you have one- I hadn't realised they also have a limited life.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 00:26:10 »
I enquired with my admin department in August when it was mentioned in a national newspaper.  They looked into it and agreed that those of us who are required to drive within our job at any time would have our licence renewals paid for by work so i am quite lucky.

At least I would be if it wasn't already renewed 4 years ago when I added another licence. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 00:58:36 »
And while you're checking that, check the expiry date on your E111 card if you have one- I hadn't realised they also have a limited life.

Do you mean an EHIC. The EHIC card Replaces E111 form. Just more plastic to carry around.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 10:45:34 »
Yes, sorry, years of teaching "E111" in French and German before it changed has obviously stuck it in my head!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 14:06:47 »
Well I never,  :o   I never knew you needed one in the IOW, I thought if you could drive a tractor 50 yards you were away.  :-X       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 16:09:42 »
Well I never,  :o   I never knew you needed one in the IOW, I thought if you could drive a tractor 50 yards you were away.  :-X       ;D ;D ;D

And this coming from a bloke that is going to buy a matiz. Just one step away from a Nissan Micra and anybody who feels they should have a micra are so slow, old and doddery it should be reasonable grounds to have their licence suspended.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 16:23:09 »
I don't care, sold my car and got a bike. First car was a Fiat 127 then progressed to a Rover Metro, then Maestro, now I have my lovely bike and nothing to pay, only pedal power. Cars are so boring. My ex boy friend had a posh car and I got told off for slamming the door, my car had to lift and slam the door, he wasn't impressed, probably why he is an ex.  If you live on IOW can't you walk around it. 

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 16:29:20 »
Yet another stealth Tax
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 16:31:24 »
If you live on IOW can't you walk around it. 

I have a great big  ford ranger 4x4, a Vauxhall Corsa for the ole lady to drive me about in and a huge 1,550cc motorcycle to terrorise other road users with. Why the hell would I want to walk. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal