Produce > Pests & Diseases

Wind Chimes?

(1/5) > >>

tedd:
Has anyone got a method of silencing these gadgets that some people have in their garden?

We find them annoying both during the day but at least we can put a radio on if in the garden.

At night I often am awakened by the random dong ding ding ding.........coming from 2 gardens away. We have large gardens.

I have tried very politely asking my neighbour if she would mind silencing them at night. At the time she was very apologetic and took them in immediately. 6 months later they sounded off again and have carried on for a year.

budgiebreeder:
Sorry Tedd guilty as charged .I love 'em,i find them very soothing.Oh dearThat doesn't solve your problem at all does it?

doc steve:
i ususaly find scissors do the  trick niceley  ::)

Jesse:
I tie a ribbon around my windchime (the pole bits) to silence it, otherwise I bring it indoors. You could pop a ribbon into an envelope with a note asking her to do the same in the evenings, perhaps this will remind her that not everyone appreciates the charming sound they make.  :)

Roy Bham UK:
Sorry tedd, guilty here too, ::) we have two different size bamboo chimes in our very small garden that I find quite soothing on the ear in unison with the trickle of water from the pond and rustle of the Bamboo plantation. :)

I do get annoyed when they are drownded out by our neighbours hip hop music (I think it's called). >:(

But you did the right thing in asking and if a neighbour asked me to silence them at night then I would, perhaps another member of the family put them out? Politley remind them again, that it's disturbing your sleep and if that don't work keep on reminding them they will soon take the hint;)

Roy ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version