Author Topic: the madness has started !!!!  (Read 1331 times)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
the madness has started !!!!
« on: November 26, 2008, 23:02:23 »
 :o well the madness has started !!!!

house across the road put their christmas tree and outside lights up about 10 days ago, now tonight, next door have there's up ...............it looks like Blackpool illuminations..ah well  ;)
Life is to short !!!

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: the madness has started !!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 23:04:32 »
ALREADY?????? each to their own i expect! our tree and decs go up as per family tradition,on december 15th,which just happens to be my birthday!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 23:08:53 »
It is lovely though,the tree has gone up on our village green,a tree of thoughts for the macmillain nurses,It looks lovely at night ,,when you drive into the village,very welcoming.

I have a big snowman,he sits on my window sill and doffs his hat to all the people passing by..............Love it all.

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 23:15:04 »
Saw a very flashy christmas "tree" on Victoria Street Westminster tonight, on the way back from a concert - made entirely of silver, pink and blue lights and no foliage.
Keep Calm and Carry On

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 23:16:31 »
:o well the madness has started !!!!

house across the road put their christmas tree and outside lights up about 10 days ago, now tonight, next door have there's up ...............it looks like Blackpool illuminations..ah well  ;)

LOL I look at some of the efforts around my area near Christmas and I just cringe, they look so awful  ;D  Was visiting Rosebud up in Suffolk at the beginning of November and the bungalow at the end of their road had lots of Christmas lights all around the front garden!  :o ::)  Looked as if someone had slung them from the other side of the road, lol.  

We always put our tree and decs up on the second Saturday of December which this year I think falls on the 13th.  Bit wary of the old tree prices this year, my husband heard a report that they might be as expensive as £40ea due to bad weather conditions or something ..... eeek!

Edit:  That sounds nice, Hopalong.  Did it look nice?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 23:19:13 by SamLouise »

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 23:43:41 »
Oooooooooh - 12 days before and 12 days after here  :o

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 23:53:42 »
I normally start the first of December because I have so many decs I have to do it in stages.

I have give up on real trees because of the mess they can cause.I always used to feel a bit sorry for it as well. :'(

Can't wait this year.Last January,I bought a tree in Blooms sale for £30,it was reduced from £140.I know this was true as I had seen it and loved it,but would not spend that kind of money On a tree. :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 08:10:04 »
there is a house near me which has had decorations up for 3 weeks already!!

I am not bothering this year with a trea of any decorations and were in and out a lot so no point, going to pick up a nice festive table decoration instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal