Author Topic: www.manurematters.co.uk  (Read 16730 times)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: www.manurematters.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 18:00:30 »
Dow aren't 'masquerading' as manurematters, they ARE manurematters.  It's part of the trumpeted stewardship and education charm offensive they have mounted to try to get aminopyralid approval re-instated.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:03:13 by Admin aka Dan »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 18:29:14 »
When I mean masquarading I mean they are trying to give the impression that they think manure matters.  Their logo on the website is something of a give away.

Its just that when they emailed me I was not immediately aware of the dow connection.  But it was easy to see on which side of the fence the communication came from.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 19:00:02 »
Who is coming to see you and why?

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 20:50:38 »
I don't want to see them.  Cannot see the point.  Just sent them some more pictures of sad looking beans.

I have just realized what this product is for.  It is for horsey people who cannot be bothered to check their land for weeds and dig them up.

I strongly ohject to the fact you are publishing information that I put in a personal message.

amphibian

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 21:30:00 »
Quote from: Dow on Manure matters
Testing manure

1. Thoroughly mix 1 part manure with 1 part multi-purpose compost in a clean bucket. Prepare enough to fill four 5-inch pots.
   2. Fill another four clean pots solely with multi-purpose compost. These will be the untreated comparisons.
   3. Place each of the pots in a separate saucer to prevent water from one pot reaching another.
   4. Water the pots and leave to stand for 24 hours.
   5. Plant each pot with four broad bean seeds.
   6. Observe subsequent growth for a four-week period and note any ill effects in the pots containing the manure mix, such as cupped leaves and fernlike growth on new shoots.

Firstly, I wonder where they got this method from, and I suppose that proves teh test kit will be some pots and a few beans.

Note the bold bit, why would it matter? I thought Dow said aminophyralid would not spread in water.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 21:59:02 »
I thought When someone said that the test kit would be bean and a pot that this was a joke.  I just could not believe it when I saw the website.

amphibian

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 22:42:10 »
Quote from: Dow on Manure matters
Testing manure

1. Thoroughly mix 1 part manure with 1 part multi-purpose compost in a clean bucket. Prepare enough to fill four 5-inch pots.
   2. Fill another four clean pots solely with multi-purpose compost. These will be the untreated comparisons.
   3. Place each of the pots in a separate saucer to prevent water from one pot reaching another.
   4. Water the pots and leave to stand for 24 hours.
   5. Plant each pot with four broad bean seeds.
   6. Observe subsequent growth for a four-week period and note any ill effects in the pots containing the manure mix, such as cupped leaves and fernlike growth on new shoots.

Firstly, I wonder where they got this method from, and I suppose that proves the test kit will be some pots and a few beans.

Note the bold bit, why would it matter? I thought Dow said aminophyralid would not spread in water.

staris

• Acre
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 23:41:28 »
that advice has been on the web site for awhile now so i would hope that they have some other method of testing available.
if this is the only test available then they can come and collect the 8 tons of manure that i've got as i've tried the bean test a few times now and the results are the same ,twisted and deformed beans.
it would be nice if they actually replied to emails i've sent several now from 2 different accounts and have yet to recieve a reply  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal