Author Topic: HOW OLD  (Read 4909 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: HOW OLD
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 19:05:30 »
Rosebud I never realised Sam was 46.  ???     ;D ;D ;D

Oi!!

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 19:15:47 »
We have baubles passed down from my nanna who bought them pre war (WWII). I don't know about everyone else, but we try to buy baubles from our travels or when there are special occasions (years). Decorating the tree then becomes a walk through memories.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 20:03:29 »
I've still got lots from when my own children were small, we made stained glass window hangings, santa, snowman etc, still going and paul was only 7, also, knitted ones ray's mum and I made..couldn't keep the paper chains  :-\  ;D
I have a  tree with all glass baubles (including mum's) on and a smaller one with all the memories on

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 20:18:06 »
Thanks Buds for this thread! 8) It made me wonder what my oldest Xmas dec was.....and then made me find it and decide it was time it went to the next generation to keep it. :D

Sooooo....my oldest Xmas dec. is a nativity, orl craftily glued to the bottom of one of those date boxes? covered with blue felt and edged with tatty gold braid.....a stack of 6 coloured bricks make the hillside & in front of and onto these are glued houses, churches, towers, etc., ending with a little manger-type thingy on the very top of the hill. Seems that Mary is a Fallen Woman and Joseph has lost his nose, but hey! nothing that a bit of Araldite & plastic can't cure 8) It's gotta be abt 60yrs old....

Family traditon.....It's called, imaginatively? ::), "O Little Town Of" and is put in place under the Christmas tree every year. Then the lights get turned out, the Christmas tree lights are lit (Olden Days before the Elfin Safety peeps were lurkin there were reeeeel candles on the tree an no kiddies were harmed in the lighting thereof - ever :o)....then evrybody sang....well, gotta be "O Little Town Of..." innit?

So now it's time to go!...lord knows how much the postage will be....the Araldite holding this thing together weighs a bleedin TON an I'm still going to include a construction plan with it ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal