Author Topic: General update from Jeannine  (Read 2490 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
General update from Jeannine
« on: January 31, 2009, 06:18:50 »
Well folks I finally think I might be in  position to post   again a couple of months at least.

Came back early from Holland quite ill and it has taken a while to settle things down again. I had been off work for three months before I went but begged the Dr to sign me off as I wanted to complete one last term at school.  He reluctantly agreed and I went back in January, handed in my official notice  and all set to muddle through to the Easter break, sadly it didn't work out, even after changing much of what I do at school, taking it very easy, taking the odd day off here and there and using my elbow crutches I only made it till the middle  of the  third week. Dr has insisted I don't go back and has put me on sick for the duration of my official notice (13 weeks ) So I am done at school. It has made me very sad and weepy as I was so determined to get through to Easter and retire nicely, but it was not to be. I guess at almost 68 years old my body thinks it has done enough!!

So, update on our move.    Pickfords have collected all that we are shipping overseas and we are still busy gradually getting rid od the remaining stuff in the house, certainly rattling around.

We will be travelling the 2nd or third week of April.  Haven't booked the date yet, there is no advantage to prebooking when it is a one way trip.

So, if anyone wants anything sending over for planting this year I can send it early May .

Please remember that at heart I am still a UK A4A person and will happily send over any US or Canadian seeds . I will be available by e mail fairly quickly. We are staying with friends for a wee while so I think I will have an e mail address with them till I am hooked up  in my new home.

I shall send someone a parcel of seeds to start a swap after I get there just as a reminder of me, so it can travel around the UK for a bit..I won't want  the leftovers returning!!

Hope everyone is well

Promise to keep on line till we  go and will try to wade my way through some older posts.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: General update from Jeannine
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 08:16:14 »
Lovely to hear from you Jeannine  ;D. Sorry to hear you haven't been well again, I do hope things improve now. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:28:56 »
Gutted for you Jeannine, I hope that you get better once your back home.

Neil

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:36 »
glad to see you back, maybe once the move is over, the stress will ease, it's frightening just how much it can affect your system, try to take it easy, mal x

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:03 »
Sorry you didn't "make it to Easter" as you wanted Jeannine. Hope the rest goes to plan!  ;D

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:13:06 »
I hope your health will improve once the stress level is reduced Jeannine. We are going to miss you, so mind you keep up with us here on A4A with your advice and knowledge. Hope your move goes well and that you will be as happy with Pickfords as I was back in 2000.

Tricia xx

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:32:32 »
 Dear Jennine, lovely to hear from you , i hope you are feeling better by now well as much as can be expected, sorry about your school term but it was not meant to be was it.
Jeannine we shall not miss you because you will still be with us posting & letting us know how you are getting on, of course we shall all be thinking of you.
 Do take care now Love, Mary xx.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 11:49:24 »
Sorry to hear that you are having more health problems Jeannine but hope now that you are not having to go into school that you will see some improvements.  Sending cyber hugs.

Pauline  x

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 12:08:20 »
Lovely to hear from you,Jeannine, and glad tohear the news for your d-i-l is looking promising.
Take care of yourself- I know you really miss your work, but you wouldn't want the kids to be worrying about you struggling on,would you?

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:48 »
Hello Jeannine
Take things easy at this end, once you get to the other side of the pond you will be so busy. (I know, been there, done that). You can then look forward to a warm/hot summer  ;D.

Take care
Lauren  :-*
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 15:22:52 »
Well! This is a sight for sore eyes, seeing you here again! 8)

So, so sorry that you're not going to be able to stay at school til Easter as you'd set your heart on doing, but there it is... :'(......hey, now til Easter?...any chance you can start off some seeds indoors to give your schoolchildren as your leaving prezzie to them? I'll even send you some cheery?  cherry tomato seeds if you want LOL

;D XXX

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 00:15:33 »
sad your health isn't up to it......................but sooooooooo excited for you for the move!  See you over there in about 4 years!  Focus forwards...the past is just that..............past! Though I know you miss your work, but as it is known, you have to look after #1, and thats YOU!
Hope the "move" isn't too traumatic! Think of the fun at the other end!
DP  :-*
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 11:31:42 »
Big {{{CYBER HUGS}}}

Take care of yourself, Jeannine, the stresses of the last year or so have really taken their toll, when you and John are settled spring will have sprung and you'll be feeling so much better.

Keep your chin up  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 22:26:26 »
Hiya Jeanine ;D

It is unfortunate you couldn't work up to your retirement day, but as you say, your body had different plans for you. Your energy is needed for yourselves now.

Thats a very nice idea of Hyacinths.....doing seeds for the kiddies before you go. Im sure they would love that. It would help make you feel better too ;D ;)

Do look after yourself, it won't be that long before you are with your friends in the US, and we can all share your posts and updates again :D.....glad you'll be here till you go though ;D ;D

Star xx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 14:26:23 »
Morning all.. thank you all for your kind wishes, you are a grand bunch!!

Hyacinth, thank you for the offer of the cherry tom seeds but I will have to decline. all my stuff at school has been given to another teacher and there is no one to take over if I started it ..sadly.

I am still clinging onto the idea that I will go in to work a couple of times unofficially but so far am just not able.

You know, I really think veggies have a better life than us humans, when they die off they give lovely fruit before they turn to rubbish!! Moan  over.

Doris Pinks... see me in about 4 years..remind me, where you planning a trip over?

I am trying to work my way through all the unread posts and will try to answer any that were put to me over the next little while.

Hope you are all well.

I am blooming rotten envious of you all as I know you will all be seeding and buying and planting.. I feel like my arms have been cut off!!.. but maybe there will be some time when I get settled to get the odd thing done. I doubt if Air Canada would fancy it much if I travelled with my usual April stock of squash and tomato plants.. well worth as laugh though.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal