Author Topic: Bad Cat!  (Read 1697 times)

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
Bad Cat!
« on: November 10, 2008, 13:36:47 »
I have a very troublesome feline called Shentu. Until early this year she refused to come to humans and hated being touched, she's 5, but she's changed her tune now. She likes to help when I type, won't get off my lap if I'm at my desk, sits in front of my monitor to gain attention and dives on my chair the minute I move! Just to top it all she decided that the only place in the whole house she could pee was on my seeds! Luckily I've moved most of them down the lottie but she managed to get about 15 packets including some for the seed swop :)

All my beans are gone now, french and borlotti, my ornamental gourds, my carrots and radishes and some toms too. She did this last year as well and, even though I tried all the ways of rescuing them, the seeds just didn't germinate. I'm gutted and have to go and replace the seed swop too. I wish I could yell at her but she has cystitis and I know how horrible that is and what it does to you. So for now, sorry to anyone waiting for seeds and it's off to the seed catalogues again for me. Flamin' animals!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Bad Cat!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 13:43:55 »
My cat is trying to get on my lap as I type but am going to get up in a minute so pushed him off.  I think he does that as it is only time I sit still for a long time, too long sometimes as I must hoover etc. My cat used to like digging up bulbs.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 13:45:11 »
Why don't you keep them in sealed plastic boxes?

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 13:47:39 »
Think it might kill the cat/cats.  HA HA.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 13:56:21 »
 ;D ;D ;D Cat in a box  ;D ;D ;D................................no, thats Jack ::)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 14:16:14 »
Ceres.

I normally keep my seeds in a lovely old tupperware box I have. It's the perfect size :) Unfortunately I had all my seeds laid out on the kitchen floor so I could sort them and log them in a note book. The doorbell rang and, in the 4 minutes it took me to answer it and return, the cat got in there.

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 14:29:23 »
I imagine Solorn is very much aware that a box would have been a good idea.  ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 19:28:25 »
stick a wish list on swap shop, I may have some seeds  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal