Author Topic: allotment survey  (Read 2865 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
allotment survey
« on: November 09, 2008, 18:05:59 »
forwarded to me today

Hi
I have an allotment in the London Borough of Hillingdon.I wonder if you could help. I am a (mature) student doing some research at Brunel University into the health and social  benefits of allotments and have posted a short questionnaire on the web at this link
 http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=b75ef203-3681-4282-a152-362f6f860c74
The survey does not collect any personal details. It is hoped the outcome of the research will encourage local councils, business and PCTs to promote the positive health, social and environmental benefits of allotments.Would really appreciate if you could consider posting this on your forum or sending this link to any allotment holders who may be interested.
Many thanks
Tony Keaveney
tony.keaveney@btopenworld.com.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: allotment survey
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 18:10:37 »
Well I had a go, it didn't hurt. Messed his stats up though, as I have had a lot more time off recently (not connected to allotments) and some questions were not very well set out, i-2 miles to allotment but no less than a mile!
 ::)

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 18:21:38 »

Sorry elvis,

Filled in the survey - but it wouldn't go through !

I am blocked a lot !  all inoccent sites and it's annoying - Windows Vista !!

floss
Hertfordshire,   south east England

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 18:21:47 »
I've done it too. Agree that some questions did not have answers for everyone but depends on how much reliance is going to be placed on it. A space for free text comments would have been helpful.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 18:29:23 »
I completed it but I thought the last question a bit presumptuous. Should have been 'Do you agree with the concept?' I wonder if this is the angle of the research i.e. more on the social than the health benefits. Oh well.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 18:57:02 »
I've completed it. Also thought the last question was a bit random!
Hope you'll let us know the outcome of your research, elvis.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 18:58:32 »
i found it tough to only pick one reason for keeping the lottie! caroline,its not my own research, my mate sent it to me,ill email the fella who is doing it,asking for feedback xx

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 19:24:38 »
All done Elvis,  last question was a bit strange, ???     :-\    I'm all shook up.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 19:43:08 »
Done!

Age group 18-40?

And I agree with Kev, Q 22 is very odd... Good luck with it all!

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 23:23:45 »
lol corny!
have emailed the chap,and he going to send us feedback/results come feb 09,i thought that q was odd too,spose i  should have mentioned it,prob too late now as may throw the rest of his results out of kilter

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 13:35:22 »
Hi completed the survey. Didn't answer the last question on the basis that I am a woman, also a Gemini so in two minds and couldn't make either of them up. But I do agree that man is duplicitous!

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 09:56:11 »
A number of allotment holders commented that their allotment reflected their life style and / or personality. Do you agree with this?

Do I agree with the claim that a number of allotment holders have made a certain comment?  I see not reason why I should disagree if you say that it is so.  However, I might not agree with the comment that they made, but that's not what was asked.

Students really ought to be given a short course on how to construct questionnaires before being let loose on their sample populations.  You can only get meaningful data if you can ask the correct questions.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 10:58:40 »
I maybe cynical, but I think that  questionaires  with selective questions get selective answers that lead to slective conclusions being reached   :)
Cheers .. Jim

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 18:07:00 »
Had to do it twice.....silly to put the 'quit' button in line with the boxes you've been clicking.

I do agree with  Si D and Growmore though...if you ask the wrong questions you get the wrong answers.
 I once got to do one of those random telephone polls, the results of which were published about a week later to indicate who people preferred as a Prime Minister...some of the questions where just ridiculous.....and I laughed quietly to myself all the way through as i knew the answers they were going to get would be skewed because of the questions. 

It's not just students that don't know how to construct a questionnaire.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 18:34:05 »
All done!  ;D 

I too left out the last question ...  please run me over with a truck if I ever join anything to keep up with the crowd!!   >:(

Flo x  ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal